PDA

View Full Version : Best Planning Book?

xrayqueen
01-23-2015, 05:49 PM
I know, I know, a book? But I love to research, highlight etc in a real book. What book would you recommend for a late 2015 trip? Thanks!:thumbsup:

GreenBeetle
01-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Yay You! You sound just like me planning every time we go! My favorite one to read each trip is Birnbaum's Official Guide. I also got Dining at Walt Disney World - The Definitive Guide this time around. I just love to read it all. All in the plane, by the pool etc.

lwhan4
01-24-2015, 07:41 AM
The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World is by far my favorite. It's full of information and good advice.

ANG
01-24-2015, 08:05 AM
Passporter! We buy an updated one every time we go.

Mrs Bus Driver
01-24-2015, 10:27 AM
The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World is by far my favorite. It's full of information and good advice.

I agree :number1:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-24-2015, 11:38 AM
I agree :number1:

I agree too! The Unofficial Guide is a fun read, with lots of good information.

Susan A
03-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Another vote for the Unofficial Guide!

deedee73
03-25-2015, 04:16 PM
I can honestly say that I have read all the popular ones so it really just depends...

I love love love the Passporter & it has pics and is a good read.

The unofficial guide is very small print with little to no pics but a good bit of humor added. It is a huge book full of info. My mother has dubbed it the WDW phonebook. And she isn't that far off. I am now the only one who reads this cover to cover in our family & i just highlight sections I want to share with others.

For the non-reader (like my DH) I highly recommend Birnbaums. It is a very easy read with lots of color pics. It still has a good deal of information but it is presented in a summary form.

For the first time traveler I usually gift Birnbaums or Passporter depending on their desire to plan.

Good reading. Also note if you buy the Passporter from the passporter website you get immediate use of the online edition while you wait for the newest edition to be shipped.

Janmac
03-26-2015, 06:20 PM

:ditto: :thumbsup:

Jan

DANAM
03-27-2015, 12:05 AM
If you only want 1 unoffical guide gets my vote BUT I have also bought Passporter for several trips now. I like it more as a planning tool than an actual guide book. Passporter will keep you super organized. I like to refer back to previous trips so I like Passporter for that.

Back to unofficial guide. If you really don't want to wait in lines this is the book to follow. They have touring plans which we don't use but I do follow when they say to go and not to go on every ride and we really don't wait in lines. It actually pretty surprising how accurate that book can be.

baldburke
03-27-2015, 12:35 PM
We like Birnbaums or the Unofficial Guide. I agree with the others, Birnbaums is an easy read with lots of charts and quick facts but the Unofficial Guide is more comprehensive.

Frankly, I find Intercot to to be my best guide as I get real time opinions and usually very reliable info from my fellow Intercot-ees.

Good luck!

manutd1
03-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Another vote for the Unofficial Guide!
and another......simple thee best!:thumbsup: