PDA

View Full Version : Potential Free Dining Fall 2015

Maddie
01-23-2015, 02:48 PM
What is the best way to plan for the potential free dining plan for this coming fall.

What I mean is, do you book the hotel alone and then add the dining plan on if they announce it? Is that possible? Or do you have to have already booked the hotel+ dining plan and then call when hearing about the deal and they will update your reservation and subtract what you paid.

I have only done Disney dining plan once and I know there's no guarantee they will have a deal in the Fall but JUST IN CASE what should I book? Looking for weekend of Nov. 6-8 for Wine and Dine half.

PopPhan
01-23-2015, 03:00 PM
Book through Magical Journeys with everything that you want. If offers come through for your time frame, they will automagically update your reservation to get you the absolute best deal available.

Once I started with Magical Journeys, I have not been able to find better offers, nor have I ever been unsatisfied with the service I have received.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-23-2015, 04:48 PM
I second that! Book with Magical Journeys and they will sort it all out.

The issue/trick is that you can't just apply it to a room/package reservation. There are a limited number of packages available, and you have to "rebook" with the discount offer.

The first time went, I booked on my own, and even though there were "free dining" ads all over the place, it took me MANY phone calls before I found one that would actually work.

But, if you do book on your own, you will have to call when a discount is released, and if it all comes together, Disney will refund you any money that you've saved, but already paid.

Zippy 1
01-23-2015, 05:41 PM
I agree! Just book through Magical Journeys and they take care of everything. It makes life so much easier:number1:

MargaretMessler
01-23-2015, 07:33 PM
For what it's worth, it took me exactly one phone call and maybe five minutes last year to apply/rebook my package with free dining when the dates were released. There is no change of reservation # or anything, they just send you an updated email confirmation because the code of your booking changes.

Same this year when spring discounts were released. We had paid in full but they credited our credit card within a week.

As others have said, Magical Journeys will take care of it for you, but for me I have never had a problem doing this on my own. But then I'm a research nerd.

VWL Mom
01-24-2015, 09:11 AM
I would also recommend booking with MJ.

Just to let you know, free dining was offered for this past November but was blacked out during the marathon dates. Room discounts were offered.

etibbetts
02-02-2015, 05:17 PM
I've booked a few times anticipating free dining. I just booked everything I wanted directly with Disney and when free dining was announced I called back and they updated my reservation. I called immediately at 7am when phones opened and it was very quick. I've never had any issues. Good luck, I hope they offer it for you!

Strmchsr
02-03-2015, 01:52 PM
:ditto: to those who suggest Magical Journeys. Then I don't have to worry about watching for discounts or breaking down the math ("free" dining isn't always the best option financially - I've found I usually save a lot more doing a room only discount and paying OOP for food) or getting up at a certain time to get on the phones. The most work I do with MJ is opening the email letting me know how much money I saved.