PDA

View Full Version : Loud Commercials

goofy for pluto
01-23-2015, 10:57 AM
Does anyone else get frustrated in how loud some of the commercials are? So annoying!! :mad:

Altair
01-23-2015, 11:07 AM
I thought this practice was banned a few years ago, but it still seems to be a problem. They do it on YouTube also. :(

NY GOOFY
01-23-2015, 12:29 PM
I dont know if this is true or not but I remember reading once that the commercials can be no louder than any part of the actual TV program. However, that means that if a tv program ranges from medium to loud (maybe a yell or crash), the commercials can be in that loud range as well.

1DisneyNut
01-23-2015, 06:51 PM
They passed legislation banning loud commercials several years ago. If you notice a channel doing it, file a complaint with the FCC through their website. They can be fined for it and their license could also be revoked.

This is one of my pet peeves and it really ticks me off. I used to mute the commercials as soon as they started back before the legislation passed. I haven't noticed it any on the channels I watch since the regulation went into effect. There used to be a couple that would blow your hair back.

Some of the newer TVs have sound normalization that you can turn on and it will even out the sound and help prevent the loud blasts.

MNNHFLTX
01-23-2015, 07:44 PM
That used to bug me too, but it's a lot better now that I can record programs and fast-forward through the commercials.

Disney4us2
01-23-2015, 07:51 PM
I haven't noticed that since moving to Florida. Used to happen all the time when we lived in Los Angeles.

tinkwest
01-23-2015, 11:24 PM
I especially notice it on our local Fox station.

Mrs Bus Driver
01-24-2015, 10:36 AM
And then there is my solution. Netflix and/or Amazon Prime. I watch all my movies and tv shows without commercials. As an added bonus its cheaper then cable :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
01-24-2015, 12:04 PM
I especially notice it on our local Fox station.

Yeah, that is the one channel I still, on regular basis, notice is much louder for the commercials. And it seems loudest when it is for one of their own programs.

manutd1
03-26-2015, 10:13 PM
...and those wrong number dialers.....what the heck are we going to do about them!!!:mickey:

Ian
03-29-2015, 05:29 PM
I avoid this problem by never watching commercials.

And this from a guy who works in advertising ;)

deedee73
03-30-2015, 12:53 AM
That's what the mute button is for.

magicofdisney
03-30-2015, 08:46 AM
I don't remember the last time I purposely watched live television. Commercials are the primary reason to have a DVR or use a streaming service. That being said, I still have some favorite commercials. ;)

Speedy1998
03-30-2015, 12:21 PM
I don't remember the last time I purposely watched live television. Commercials are the primary reason to have a DVR or use a streaming service. That being said, I still have some favorite commercials. ;)

The only live television I watch, is sporting events. Everything else I DVR and watch when I have time.