PDA

View Full Version : Pictures with Princesses

johnw
01-21-2015, 06:42 AM
:mickey: Were still planning our trip with our daughter and of course she will want to meet the princesses. When you meet them does the Disney staff take their picture with them?

Whats the difference between eating with the princesses in Epcot Akershus Royal Banquet Hall then going to the Castle and eating there?

Thanks johnw

faline
01-21-2015, 06:54 AM
There will be photopass photographers on hand to take pictures of your daughter with the characters. You are also free to take pictures yourself. If you anticipate getting a lot of photographs taken by Disney photographers, I'd suggest looking into Disney Memory Maker (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/?CMP=KNC-WDW_FY15_DOM_NGE_BR_MM|G|4151322.NG.AM.02.01&keyword_id=sdPiLokLS_dc|disney%20photopass|6897871 2808|e|15402cl14044) as a way of making sure you can get all of those pictures.

Princesses appear tableside at both Cinderella's Castle dining as well as at Akershus. The primary differences are the location and the menu. Cinderella's Royal Table is currently closed for refurbishment so this might not be an option (depending on when you are going).

Pirate Granny
01-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Price and eating in the castle was the biggest difference I found. Norway used to provide a free picture staged with Belle and was $10-$15 cheaper. Of course you got to eat at the castle, and your picture was taken, but you had to pay for it if you wanted to keep it.

Now, I beleive you no longer get a free picture in Norway, and they have temporarily moved the castle meals over to Breakfast and lunch at Citricos at the Grand Floridian. They are updating the castle restaurant.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-21-2015, 09:01 AM
The princess meals can be a bit confusing.

When you enter you take a picture with a princess, it is Belle in Norway, and Cinderella at CRT (but I'm not 100% sure how this works while CRT is "moved"). These are taken by Disney, although you can also take your own. You used to get a print with your meal, but I'm pretty sure the digital image is added to Memory Maker now instead.

When the princesses come around to your table, you use your own camera to take pictures. They will stay for a few minutes, chat, sign autographs, etc. If you'd like a picture all together, the Disney character helper will usually take it if you ask, or a server (or a friendly person from the next table).

For us, we enjoy Akershus way more. The food is better (and more plentiful), and the princess interaction is good, and the restaurant is just beautiful, I'd go there hands-down over CRT.