PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans French Quarter

Poohmomnks
01-20-2015, 04:46 PM
We are staying at French Quarter March 11-17! We have never stayed at this resort. Do I want to make a request for a specific location?:mickey:

Disney4us2
01-20-2015, 05:19 PM
We stayed in building 4 facing a courtyard. You could see the bus stop, but I never heard the busses. It was close to the food court and really close to the bus stop, but further from the pool.

Fangorn
01-20-2015, 05:28 PM
French Quarter is a pretty small resort. Nothing is very far from anything else. Pick your view - that's about all that really matters.

That said, we like the Garden View in Building 3. In October, we stayed there and thought it was a great location. Only 1 building away from the main building, and the parking lot (we had a car) was just on the other side of our building. Nothing was more than a 2 minute walk.

Steve

brownie
01-20-2015, 07:36 PM
I forget what building we stayed in when we stayed at French Quarter. We had a water view and it was a view of the river. We enjoyed it.

joonyer
01-20-2015, 08:13 PM
POFQ is a very cozy resort, with the smallest footprint of all Disney Resorts. Everything is close to everything else, so you can't go wrong. We like the fact that all the buildings are close to the pool and food court. The only real choice is the river view or not. We don't spend any time looking out the window at our resort at WDW, so that is never a factor for us.

buzznwoodysmom
01-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Any room should be fine. It's a very small resort so even the furthest room from any given point is still a short stroll!

We have stayed in building 5 facing the pool/hot tub area and it was a great location. Very centrally located. We loved that room location.

We also stayed in building 1, I believe. In a corner room partially facing the water. At first we thought we weren't going to like that location, but it really didn't make that much of a difference in getting around the resort.

Kairi_7378
01-20-2015, 10:32 PM
We loved our stay in building 7. Because it was the furthest building away from the main building and faced the path to POR, we felt like we had a lot of privacy.

thads
01-21-2015, 01:02 PM
I don't know that there is a bad room in this resort. We have never paid for upgrades, and never been disappointed. Have fun.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-21-2015, 09:24 PM
It is a small resort, so not really a bad room. If it was me, I'd ask that I not have a room facing the green where they play the nightly movie (between building 5 & 6 I believe).

Otherwise, any room is good ... enjoy!

(for the record, we once had the worst room at the resort, building 4, overlooking the dumpster and the parking lot. It was still more than fine, and we never heard a thing!)

Poohmomnks
01-22-2015, 10:22 PM
Thank you everyone! We have never gone at such a busy time, but we are looking forward to it! My son is going for a band competition, and we haven't been since he was 4!

Tinkerbella16
02-01-2015, 01:18 PM
We love POFQ and like everyone has mentioned, no matter where you are, you are pretty close to everything because the resort is so small. We have stayed in Building 6 and Building 1 twice and it was just a short walk to the main area and bus stop. I am booked in a garden view room for November... I prefer being away from the parking lot since the grounds are just so pretty there. The atmosphere is just so nice and relaxing and quiet. You will enjoy the resort no matter where you are. Building 4 is the closest to the main building and bus stop. We actually requested this building in November but the resort was booked to 100% capacity and they couldn't honor it. But we were still only a few minutes of a walk away from everything. Enjoy!!!