PDA

View Full Version : Family Magic Tour?

Cass&KenziesMom
01-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Has anyone done this one recently? What was your experience? What all does it involve? We're looking for something different to do when we go in June. This past trip we did the Behind the Seeds tour and our girls really enjoyed it. Any input on Family Magic would be great!

faline
01-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Perhaps this (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=202442&highlight=family+magic+tour) will help?

Cass&KenziesMom
01-22-2015, 10:17 AM
The thread doesn't get into any detail about what all goes on during the tour but thanks for posting it!! :thumbsup: I guess maybe it's not really a popular tour...at least with Intercotees?

faline
01-22-2015, 10:36 AM
I've never done the tour but I understand it is more geared to families - particularly those with younger kids. I understand it is a scavenger hunt of sorts which takes you to various areas in the park while you solve a mystery. Tour members are asked to participate in some activities which adults might consider a bit silly but it's all in good fun.

rjmdds
01-22-2015, 11:55 AM
We did this a couple of years ago. It was fun for the kids. I would say kids 8 or 9 and younger. You have a guide who brings you on a scavenger hunt throughout the MK. The kids help her find clues and there is a secret meet with a character associated with the scavenger hunt. The storyline when we did it involved Peter Pan so we met him in a private area and were able to take photos and get autos from him. I believe it lasted an hour or so which is perfect for kids. It was definitely fun and something different. The fun of it also has a lot to do with your guide. Most I am sure are great. Ours had the kids jumping, skipping and doing all sorts of fun things throughout.

Cass&KenziesMom
01-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Thank you! This will be our 2nd trip in a little over 5 months so we're looking for something new and fun for the kids to do. Especially since my 9 yr old is not really into most of the rides.