PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER Ohana Food Change??

RavsRuleDisney!
01-18-2015, 07:02 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere here - actually caught it on Tikiman's site - but rumor has it another item may be getting axed from the O'Hana dinner menu. Already lost 2/3 of my sauces, my chicken, I won't even discuss the salad wrap thingy....And now - THE SHRIMP!! C'mon, this has always been our "go-to" dining choice on every trip but now I'm not feeling a real good return on my investment ya know? I'll just grab a Backscratcher at Tamboo and dine elsewhere.... :(

Anyone else here anything....

Scallywag
01-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Haven't heard any of that, but would be really salty. This is one of my favorite spots as well.

SurferStitch
01-19-2015, 11:40 AM
If the shrimp really does go bye-bye, then so will we. My favorite meats were the chicken and the shrimp. The beef is too fatty for my liking, and I don't want to eat just pork.

I miss the salad, and really miss the potatoes. Oh well, leaves room for another restaurant to try!

CaptSmee
01-26-2015, 10:52 PM
I'll let you know in 2 days, but the shrimp was my least favorite (sorry)

Butters
01-27-2015, 09:56 AM
Shrimp was there last Wednesday

CaptSmee
01-29-2015, 05:33 PM
shrimp was plentiful last night at Ohanas

txdisneyfanatic
01-30-2015, 09:55 PM
We miss the chicken too..and the salad!!! :/

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Chicken is still there, in a form, as part of the appetizers, but yes, not as part of the skewers.

I think it was three choices, steak, pork and shrimp (did they used to do sausages as well?)

Pot stickers and chicken wings for apps along with the bread.

My family isn't much into seafood, so loss of shrimp wouldn't impact our choice of eating there.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-03-2015, 10:20 AM
We miss the chicken too..and the salad!!! :/

We weren't crazy about the new offering, but the server asked if we preferred the salad, when we inquired! Didn't know it was still an option! He sure did bring us some, so try asking for it! REAALLLLy hope they are not doing away with the shrimp, cause at that point, we probably will think twice about going.....and at the moment it is still our first ressie, but they are slowly making too many changes....

DisneyGiant
02-16-2015, 01:20 PM
The official menu from WDW - still shows chicken right? What am I missing?

Not sure how they can reduce the food there even further?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/ohana/menus/dinner/

Rethinking our reservation here......

deedee73
02-16-2015, 03:38 PM
If the rumor is true then we too will be out. The shrimp is one of my all time favs to the point that I actually asked for the recipe.

SBETigg
02-16-2015, 04:28 PM
I heard the shrimp was staying, but the pork is out on the skewers. Chicken(skewer) is back to stay, but it's sweet and sour glazed chicken. Reportedly very good.

I believe the menu currently on the Disney site is up-to-date:
'Ohana Menu (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/ohana/menus/dinner/)

SurferStitch
02-17-2015, 11:38 AM
I heard the shrimp was staying, but the pork is out on the skewers. Chicken(skewer) is back to stay, but it's sweet and sour glazed chicken. Reportedly very good. [/URL]

I just read the same thing as well. I'll miss the pork, but I love chicken, so that's cool.