PDA

View Full Version : Signature dining

ANG
01-18-2015, 02:25 PM
What is your favorite 2 credit signature dining restaurant and why.

BigB
01-18-2015, 04:07 PM
We enjoy Flying Fish. We like the walk from Epcot the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant. And the food is very good.

Runner up would be Fulton Crab House followed by Yachtsman Steakhouse.

VacationDisney
01-18-2015, 08:42 PM
We like Jiko. It's a chance to taste some different, but very tasty dishes.

We love the atmosphere there and it feels like dinner at a very special place ....and it is:thumbsup:

Disney has so many restaurants that are unique. It still amazes me, at times, that these awesome restaurants are at, should I say, an "amusement" park? I know Disney is so much more than that and the dining at WDW is really an experience in itself:blush:

TheDuckRocks
01-19-2015, 10:12 AM
My favorite signature restaurants in order are:
Flying Fish
Narcoossee's
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Citricos
Jiko
Artist Point
Haven't gone to yet but want to:
California Grill
Fulton's Crab House
Haven't gone but have no desire to:
Monsieur Paul
The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck Grand Café
Have gone to but will never try again:
Le Cellier - not worth 2 credits
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Why are these the way I rated them? It's all about the food!

patandtwins
01-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Jiko...it was delish!

We have been to:
HBD and it was meh
AP was also meh both times we went
Hoop Dee Do was fun but meh food, been 3-4 times
Luau was meh and won't go back, been twice and the 1st time was better
CRT for breakfast was very meh and not worth the $$$
did Le Cellier many times before becoming signature and it was one of our faves

SurferStitch
01-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Our favorite is Narcoossees, but I will say, we had an amazing meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse in December, as well at Flying Fish... But I'll stick with Narcoossees.

DisneyHoneymooners
02-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Ours would be California Grill. The food is amazing,and the outlook area is a great place to watch the fireworks. Jiko is a close second. We try to eat a both most trips.

Lindsey310
02-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Our favorite was flying fish. We tried Jiko in December and while good, we preferred sanaa. Maybe the food was too eclectic for me :eat:

22 days!!! :mickey:

mydisneygirls
02-05-2015, 11:44 AM
I was looking through the restaurants and noticed there will be a new signature restaurant opening in DD soon. It's called The Boathouse and it will be an American, seafood and steakhouse place.

SBETigg
02-05-2015, 01:33 PM
California Grill is my favorite because of the views, mostly, but we've always had servers who go above and beyond, and excellent food.

My least favorite, by far, is Yachtsman Steakhouse. We had okay food, but nothing special to mark it as worthy of a Signature restaurant. They substituted many of the high end ingredients for cheaper ones. The atmosphere is nothing special. Our server was one our worst ever. It is an experience I do not care to repeat.

Up at the top near California Grill, Narcoossees, Monsieur Paul (when it was Bistro de Paris, not sure now), Citricos, Flying Fish. Jiko wasn't bad but not entirely to my taste and I prefer Sanaa, but I am giving Jiko another try in a few weeks. Hollywood Brown Derby is up and down and sometimes also doesn't feel Signature dining.

WDW-Deano-Beast
02-08-2015, 08:30 AM
I haven't made it to all the Signature Dining restaurants yet but my favorite so far is Le Cellier. I enjoy the relaxed atmophere and the aged ribeye is amazing. My second choice would be the California Grill. the Cali. Grill offers some great food and the view is pretty darn good. "O"

SurferStitch
02-10-2015, 01:01 PM
My least favorite, by far, is Yachtsman Steakhouse. We had okay food, but nothing special to mark it as worthy of a Signature restaurant. They substituted many of the high end ingredients for cheaper ones. The atmosphere is nothing special. Our server was one our worst ever. It is an experience I do not care to repeat.

Wow! I'm surprised you had such a bad experience. Ours was amazing! There was a line to check in, and one of the cast members pulled us out of the line (we were about 6 couples back in a line of about 10 groups) and checked us in right away. (Might have helped that we were dressed up, and everyone else was in park attire).

The on-premises aging room was a big plus. Very impressive, and it showed in our filets.

Our server was incredibly friendly, and remembered everything we said. Didn't miss a thing! We pre-ordered our main course wines while we had our appetizers. He made sure he brought them out about 30 seconds before the entrees were brought to our table. Perfect!

The atmosphere isn't fancy, but it fits a steakhouse perfectly.

My crab stuffed doughnuts were huge, and each one had at least 6 ounces of crab in it. They were very heavy. DH had the white gulf shrimp app, and the shrimp were like small lobser tails (at least U-12). The sides we had were the sauteed mushrooms, truffle mac & cheese and brussels sprouts, and were very well seasoned and quite rich. Filet was outstanding. I don't know how you can sub out garlic, butter, etc. for cheaper options, but if they did, it was still amazing. I'm curious to find out more about this so I know what to look out for when we dine there again in December. I would hate for our follow-up visit to pale in comparison to our first experience. I think I'm going for the scallops next time!

It's funny... your review of Yachtsman pretty much perfectly describes our one and only experience at Artist Point (no flavor, no hospitality, no magic), and tons of people seem to love that one. Just shows how everyone likes different things.

SBETigg
02-10-2015, 02:14 PM
It's funny... your review of Yachtsman pretty much perfectly describes our one and only experience at Artist Point (no flavor, no hospitality, no magic), and tons of people seem to love that one. Just shows how everyone likes different things.

That's why I don't listen to reviews and believe in trying for myself, and sometimes going back. Every place has off days. Ours was so off that going back isn't high on the priority list, but I'm glad you had a better experience.

Katzateer
02-10-2015, 05:40 PM
California Grill! Have been there many times and while the service has not always been the best (waiter staff have been a little rude at times when we have gone for just dessert) the food has always been great.

Narcossee is my second choice! Have only been there a handful of times but the food and staff is always good.

I have a love/hate relationship with LeCellier. Have had 2 great meals there and a few not so great.

Have wanted to try Flying Fish but we rarely make it to the Boardwalk.

Haven't been to the Brown Derby in awhile. No one else in the family likes it. I did not like Artist Point the one time we went. The dining room is very nice and the staff were fine- I just didnt enjoy the food enough to go back.

azcavalier
02-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Hmmm...

Right now, it is probably Artist Point. My wife is gluten-free, and they gave her some amazing rolls that she loved. Plus, it's just her kind of menu.

Other signature restaurants we've done are:

Cali Grill
Hollywood Brown Derby
Le Cellier

And that's it. I loved the Cali Grill, but that was before the remodel. We just haven't been back yet.

Disappointed with the Brown Derby, and while we like Le Cellier, we don't like it enough to pay for it. But I thought that the glow menus were amazing!

I keep trying to get my DW to try Jiko, but haven't convinced her yet. She does love Sanaa, so i'm using that to push her.

crazygoalie39
02-11-2015, 07:51 PM
It's hard to choose because they're all really different, but I'd probably have to say Cali Grill.