PDA

View Full Version : Weather help, I'm so cold here in the Northeast...

mouseketeer mom
01-16-2015, 11:35 AM
Arriving in under two weeks.
The problem is I'm a very all or nothing, black or white kind of gal. I have no idea how to pack for late Jan into early Feb Disney. I'm also so cold right now every day, I can't imagine feeling warm in summer clothes.
What kinds of things should I be focusing on in my packing? Shorts and tees or warmer clothing?
Confused...And yes, I see the weather forecast, but I feel very disconnected to 70 degree weather...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-16-2015, 12:10 PM
We have the same issue, coming out of MN.

I generally am fine in shorts, but usually have a pullover windbreaker or fleece that works well if the nights get a bit chilly. I find that if my upper body is warm, wearing shorts isn't that big a deal.

Dress in lite layers. If you don't have a stroller or a car in the parking lot, I believe each park still has lockers that you can rent. We used to do that, get there at rope drop, put jackets and anything else into a locker and then later in the evening, go back and get it as needed.

AgentC
01-16-2015, 12:55 PM
It's so variable here in Jan/Feb. Today it's 60 at my house. I have capri jeans, a long sleeve short on and a light jacket when I go outside.

On most days at this time of year, jeans, t shirt's, light weight long sleeve shirts and a jacket or sweatshirt works. My daughter will wear shorts until it gets to about 60ish.

If the forecast high is for the low 70's there is a good chance much of the day will be in the 60s and the nights could dip into the 50s or lower.

If the forecast is mid to high 70s then t shirts and shorts are definitely called for.

It's not easy but at this time of year you definitely need to bring a little bit of everything.

Cass&KenziesMom
01-16-2015, 05:51 PM
I would bring a bit of everything. I know it's a pain but we've gone in Feb. and most of the time we were in shorts and t-shirts but there were some evenings/days we were glad we brought jeans.