PDA

View Full Version : vía Napoli vs chef de France

Zeike
01-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Which would you choose and what are the best plates at each....help us decide. ..2 adults 3 children thanks

TheDuckRocks
01-15-2015, 11:15 AM
We prefer Chef de France over Via Napoli as VN can be very, very loud. Food at both is good.

Here's my favorite at CdF:

Prix Fixe 3 Courses Menu -
Appetizer: Classic Onion Soup; OR Salade Maison; OR Lobster Bisque

Entree: Beef Short Ribs; OR Half Roasted Chicken; OR Broiled Salmon; or Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Dessert: choice from daily offering. $39.99

I always get the Beef Short Ribs, but they have changed the noodles to polenta and it wasn't very good. I will ask for them to leave it off the plate the next time we eat there.

And at VN I love, love, love the:

Piatti alla Parmigiana - Vitello - veal - traditional preparation with tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella, served with roasted potatoes $30.00

Best veal parm I've ever had!

sonamae80
01-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Another vote for Chefs de France. I agree, VP can be very loud. But as far as the food goes, I find Chefs de France to be better! YUM!

SurferStitch
01-15-2015, 12:04 PM
I have to go with Via Napoli here.

We ate at CdF once, and never returned. Must have been an off night, but it was really, REALLY off.

My scallops were juuuust barely cooked on the outside, and pretty raw throughout. No seasoning at all. The only thing that had some flavor was the sauce, and there was just a single line of it on my plate. DH had a fatty, spongy, squishy filet. I didn't even know you could get a filet that bad. It was actually springy, and was like chewing a sponge...:confused:.

Dessert was cream puffs, and they were wet on the outside, and had some frozen parts in the center... FROZEN.... I thought everything was fresh???

We've eaten at Via Napoli about 5 times now, and always had wonderful food and service. We love their pizzas, and like to get a salad with it, sometimes soup to start. Their white pizzas are fantastic, as is the funghi, and also pepperoni (of course!).

Fritto di Verdura (fried veggies w/ marinara sauce) and Arancini (fried risotta balls with mozzarella) are a couple of our favorite starters.

For dessert... Zeppole di Caterina. Ah-mazing!!

Plus plenty of delicious wines and Bellini... :cloud9:

NJGIRL
01-15-2015, 10:06 PM
My vote is Via Napoli....never had a bad meal there.....been to Chef De France and it was OK but not a must do.......Via Napoli has no atmosphere but the food is good.