PDA

View Full Version : Room request at poly

Tank3434
01-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Just got a great deal at the Poly for Dec 2015 and it's one of the few resorts Im totally not familiar with. The room I have is just a standard but that's fine with me just super excited to be in the monorail! Just wondering if there are any certain areas or anything that would be worth requesting. I have 2 small children so would like something in a convenient location. I have literally been in the resort once to eat and that's my only experience so any tips would be great. So excited to finally be staying there December can't come soon enough!

SBETigg
01-13-2015, 01:02 PM
I've stayed in Fiji and Rarotonga and I really liked them both as far as proximity to the monorail and Great Ceremonial House and pools. I think Rarotonga became one of the DVC buildings. It is the one closer to being central and an easier walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center.

But Fiji has some garden view rooms that overlook the marina, which is lovely- even with construction. But Fiji, right next to the Great Ceremonial House, is further away from the Transportation and Ticket Center. Though, nothing is really that far a walk at the Polynesian. I feel like it's more important to request what you want in a room than where your room is right now, with the DVC change at the Polynesian Village. Like, do you want a first floor room or a room with a balcony? That would be more important to stress than asking for a specific building or location, I think.

Tank3434
01-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Ok I didn't realize it was a smaller resort. Idk do I want a first floor room or a balcony? Lol. Maybe a balcony would be nice for the view but is first floor easier access? Or do I just roll the dice? Decisions decisions...

Pirate Granny
01-13-2015, 05:26 PM
First floor you get a patio, but it isn't accessible except through your room. The new pool looks wonderful for smaller children:mickey: