PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Port Canaveral

CanadianWDWFan
01-09-2015, 04:23 PM
We booked our second cruise while on board the Fantasy this Christmas! For the past cruise we flew down with points but next time we are planning on driving.

How secure are the parking lots right at the terminal? I know price wise it is cheaper than the parking at our home airport. What other options are there for parking around the port?

Scar
01-09-2015, 05:03 PM
I've taken 2 cruises, and parked there both times (along with 2 or 3 other family vehicles.) No problem. Felt very secure both times. Never even considered any other option.

CanadianWDWFan
01-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Thanks Jeff. We figured that parking right at the terminal was going to be our best bet.

I have heard that there an issue with salt spray on the cars. Did you notice this?

Scar
01-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Salt spray??? You mean like salt to melt ice? In central Florida? Under a parking deck?

CanadianWDWFan
01-09-2015, 05:17 PM
Salt spray from the port. I would be worried if they were using ice melter in Florida!! :D I was reading some reviews and folks were complaining that their cars had salt on them in the parking garage.

Scar
01-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Well, I didn't notice anything. But if you saw my car and pickup, you would understand why I wouldn't notice any damage. :blush:

I would think if you park in the deck, you would be fine.