PDA

View Full Version : I can't decide- give me your choice!

Lizzy
01-09-2015, 01:53 PM
We are going to SWW and just can't decide on where to stay. It will only be myself, DH and DD who is 4. We are only going to DS for two days. We may stay 2 nights but probably just one.

I was thinking PO-R, but I have stayed there a couple times before. I have never stayed in the FQ side. But since it is just the three of us I was also thinking of staying at ASMo or ASMu.

We will definitely want some pool time as well as being close to DS.

I just can't decide!

KylesMom
01-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Lizzy, have you thought about CBR for a mod, or POP / AoA? These are all very close to DHS. While I haven't stayed at the Pop Century or Art of Animation resorts, we have stayed at CBR and enjoyed the close proximity to DHS.

What a great time to go! Some of my very best memories of Disney World are from SWW over the years! :ewok:

buzznwoodysmom
01-09-2015, 03:21 PM
If your 4 year old is at all into pirates you should definitely consider CBR. My kids loved the Pirate themed main pool when they were younger. They also adored the pirate themed rooms. It's also very close in location to DHS. That would be my pick.

If I had to pick out of POR and POFQ, I would pick FQ hands down. I do not like Riverside at all for some reason. Have tried it twice and didn't "feel" it either time.

And I would pretty much always pick a moderate over a value resort. Of course your little one may love the bigger than life icons at the value resorts. They are definitely geared toward the young and young at heart. My kids loved the values when they were younger. Now that they are older they like having more amenities that the moderate and deluxe resorts offer.

Scallywag
01-09-2015, 04:06 PM
We also like FQ over Riverside. Food court is a little smaller though. We are also fans of CBR. We will likely stay there on our next trip.
Have fun!

Lizzy
01-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Yeah if i choose a moderate i think itll be FQ, i have never stayed there.

But after sitting on the beach at the BC saturday, i think i may give the Dolphin a try. Cant beat the location since im only going to ds.

Christine
01-12-2015, 04:31 PM
it was so good to see you this weekend!

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-12-2015, 05:42 PM
If you're going to have time to spend at the resort, then I'd chose FQ. The slide is perfect for smaller kids, and I love how small and compact the resort is, not too much walking after walking around the parks. DH loves the poolside bar while DD and I swim.

If you're going to be at SWW, and not really at the resort, I'd stick to a value, but there aren't slides at the pool, and that's a deal breaker for my DD.