PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weather Getaway, day 6

tadcd
01-09-2015, 12:26 AM
We woke up at 4 am to my preschooler vomiting. It continued all morning. We canceled everything in Magic. Kingdom and our last night dinner at Il Mulino. We kept thinking it might pass, maybe just food poisoning from the night before? It didn't pass. He slept a lot. The pediatrician at home recommended we get him seen for possible dehydration. The front desk sent the medics who said he was ok. The room was a wreck, we kept getting fresh towels, did our best, worried that we might not make our flight home. I did laundry and during the dryer load and thought about what you all might suggest to the question "what would you do with 45 min in the BC area?" Walk to the Boardwalk my imaginary Intercotee friends said and I did, picking up food and treats at the Boardwalk Bakery and another sweet shop there. I popped into the Boardwalk to see their display and, lol use the fancy bathroom.
Eventually he stopped throwing up. I packed us up like we were planning to travel and we went to bed exhausted.

faline
01-09-2015, 06:15 PM
So sorry! What a lousy day for everyone!! Perhaps he had not been feeling well all along.

KylesMom
01-10-2015, 03:14 AM
I am very sorry that this trip has not turned out the way you anticipated, Teresa. We've had our share of illnesses from the time DS was two until his tween years on our Disney vacations, but it seems you have hit an extra rough spot this trip. I hope it doesn't sour you on taking another trip to Disney with your family in the future!

emerzmom
01-13-2015, 06:13 PM
I am so sorry about your little one being so sick. It is never easy when they are sick but worse when you are away from home and especially on vacation.
What a way to end this vacation.
:tink:
Julie