PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weather Getaway, day 3

tadcd
01-08-2015, 11:12 PM
We started the day eating breakfast at the Captain's Grille. On previous trips this had been amazing, this time just okay. Maybe lesser quality, maybe the stress of managing our 4 year old and baby took away from the experience. We spent a lot of time looking for milk for the cereal, not realizing you have to ask the server for this now out of concerns for potential spoilage. We then drove 1.5 hr to meet up with my husband's grandparents for a birthday lunch. It was lovely, just leaving Disney property seemed to have a positive effect on our four year old's mood, although most likely it was the nice long nap during the car ride. He especially bonded with Grandma, and was so sad to leave her which was sweet. We had another amazing moment of joy, playing along the beach with the ocean. :cloud9:
Our baby said his first words - good bye - as we waved good bye to the ocean. So sweet.
We ate dinner at Shutters. It was nice but once again stressful. I have to say that we had amazing service here. We realized for the sake of the little ones that we needed to change things up - no more stores and a significant reduction in restaurants. Once again I spent time in the evening changing up plans.

faline
01-09-2015, 01:05 PM
Having your baby say first words is so exciting!!

It does sound like your 4 year old is finding Disney World a bit overstimulating. Still, you are having some nice experiences as well!