PDA

View Full Version : No Expiration still offered?

DCDisney
01-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Is the No Expiration feature still offered? If so, have any idea how much cost it is? And if it's still offered, can I get it added on to new/unused tickets once I get to WDW ???

Thanks in advance !!

faline
01-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Well, Intercot Sponsor, The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC), still lists non-expiring tickets for sale.

mechanic
01-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Like all upgrades it needs to be added within certain time limits from date of first ticket use. It has become quite pricey, and doesnt give much value anymore, unless you know it will be a few years until you return. Then it is a hedge against inflation. Or if you like the water parks, then you can add that option very cheapky and have non expiring water park tickets for the future too.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-07-2015, 10:23 PM
I also believe that you can add the "no-expiration" at Disney, but it isn't an option when you're buying tickets online.

It is REALLY expensive to add the non-expiration option (hundreds of dollars for the longer tickets), so it might not be worth it, but the option is there.

hueyrulz
01-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Slightly off topic. I thought about the no expiration for my daughter's (3-9yr old) ticket. We're only using 5 days in April. I thought about getting a 10 day no expiration base ticket b/c we plan on going back in 2017. Use 5 days now and 5 days in 2017. She will be 6 then. The 10 day no expiration base ticket was more than double two 5-day base tickets. I just bought the 5 day base ticket. But I'm thinking of buying another 5 day base ticket now to hedge against the price increase 2 years from now. If I buy a 5 day base ticket now and don't activate it by using it, will it still be good in 2 years?

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-08-2015, 08:53 AM
If you buy, but don't use a ticket then it doesn't expire, and can be used at any point in the future.

A quick note about the child tickets ... if you buy a child ticket, and the no-expiration and the child "ages" out of the ticket (turns 10) after only having used part of the ticket, you can upgrade it to an adult ticket for free (for the same bigger child to use). Sometimes this helps a bit with the cost.

Otherwise, I know many people who buy tickets in advance, since the cost will only go up!