PDA

View Full Version : Renting DVC Points on Christmas

Disneyfun
01-07-2015, 11:01 AM
I believe that my wife and I have probably started our first (and in my opinion) best Christmas tradition...after 17 years of marraige, I would say it is about time! :D

This past Christmas, we decided about 2 weeks before Christmas to just drive from Maryland down to WDW! It was very impulsive and INCREDIBLY fun! Due to the lateness of our decision, I found it impossible to find DVC points to rent to stay at a very nice resort. We did find a nice Marriott just outside the Disney Village area off 535, but we know it wasn't the same.

So my question(s) are;
1. When would it be best to start looking for DVC points rent for a stay on Christmas?
2. Should I expect an uptick in pricing per point due to demand?
3. Are there any recommendations for DVC resorts specifically for the holidays?

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

Yo Mickey!
01-07-2015, 02:10 PM
i would really do your research now and get with someone BEFORE the 11 mos window opens. That way you can get the resort and size of room you need right away.

i have seen $13-14 per point for the holidays from some.

as far as where, lots of great places. our family really loves being at the beach club. we love stormalong bay, playing catch with the football on the beach, the decorations and the lobby, and being near the boardwalk and the back of epcot. we own at boardwalk and feel the same, but for our holiday stay it is generally at beach club because of the pool.

but if it is just the two of you i would figure out where you want to stay and go from there. we like being able to walk to the osborne lights at HS or into the back of epcot for a cold beer and dinner.