PDA

View Full Version : No more pool hopping to Poly

Aurora
01-06-2015, 04:56 PM
DVCNews is reporting that the DVC pool-hopping perk will not include the Poly's Nanea Volcano Pool when it reopens after construction.

A little bummed by this, but not surprised with the addition of the DVC bungalows.

Might just have to take a deep breath and spend the points to stay here. Although I'm waiting for the sticker shock when they announce how many points it will take. :D

VWL Mom
01-06-2015, 05:35 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all but I wonder if it will open the door to restricting beach use for fireworks viewing too.

Honestly, I was expecting an announcement about resale point usage before the Poly DVC opened but I guess not.

SBETigg
01-06-2015, 05:42 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all but I wonder if it will open the door to restricting beach use for fireworks viewing too.

Honestly, I was expecting an announcement about resale point usage before the Poly DVC opened but I guess not.

I don't think beach viewing will be what it once was anyway now.

Aurora
01-07-2015, 01:07 AM

I always thought it was kind of odd that Disney allowed just anybody to sit on the Poly beach to view the fireworks. Some people might be outraged by me saying this, but it's not like it's a public beach -- it's part of the Poly resort. I guess it would be impossible to monitor if there's not fencing of some kind.