PDA

View Full Version : December or January

Tank3434
01-06-2015, 01:29 PM
So early planning for next year because everyone needs a Disney trip to look forward to! Need opinions on what would be a better time to go, was originally planning on going for my DS 3rd bday which is Dec 8 then somewhere along the line the idea got in my head to go in January instead to give us something to look forward to after the holiday madness. Was thinking of going in early January and u was under the impression most of the Christmas decorations woukd still be up but now I'm thinking they won't. I would love for my kids to experience christmas at Disney( my older son will be 4) but I also feel like December is already such a busy month a Disney trip will just add to the chaos. Last time we went was in Oct and I was expecting light crowds and it was madness so I'm really hoping to not deal with jay again but I also think it will be better without the heat as well. Idk I'm so torn at the moment what do you guys think??

faline
01-06-2015, 01:34 PM
It does make the holiday season rather rushed when you take a vacation in December but, personally, I prefer that option to going in January. January also sees the onslaught of lots of foreign tour groups who tend to travel through the parks as one group instead of splitting up into smaller grouplets.

catasaid
01-06-2015, 01:54 PM
I also thought going on vacation right before Christmas would be too stressful...but we just went to WDW the week before Christmas and it was wonderful. Our flights there and back were problem-free and even fairly empty (gave us room to spread out a bit). I did most of my Christmas shopping early and had everything wrapped and hidden away before we left. I had all my food orders placed and awaiting pickup for the 2 parties we would host upon our return. I came back from WDW with a big smile on my face and enjoyed this season's holidays more than I have in the past. My mother even commented about how relaxed I seemed this year. So I say...go in December and enjoy everything magical about Christmas at WDW!