PDA

View Full Version : January decorations

Tank3434
01-06-2015, 11:11 AM
So thinking of going next year sometime maybe second week of January. Was originally going to go in December but thought maybe second week in January woukd miss some of the Christmas crowds and also give us something to look forward to after the holidays are over. Question is when do the decorations come down because I would still like to see them? Not worried so much about Christmas party dates altho it would be an added bonus but really want my kids who will be 3 and 4 at the time to see the parks all lit up. What would be the best time to go to see decorations and not too many people? Haha. Weather doesn't matter we live in PA so anything in FL is an improvement from January here!! Thanks!

faline
01-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Decorations come down pretty quickly after the first of the year. Although busier than it used to be, early December is still relatively quiet as compared to the heavier crowds that descend as the holiday gets closer.

catasaid
01-06-2015, 01:41 PM
We were just there, the week before Christmas (12/15 - 12/19) and the crowds were not bad at all...much better than I had anticipated. The weather was very nice (upper 60's /low 70's). All the decorations were great and we got to do everything we wanted to do. The only time I thought the crowd was almost overwhelming, was after the first parade & Wishes at MK...when we were trying to exit the hub, while others were getting in place for the 2nd parade. The construction walls forced a bottle-neck situation that caused the problem. Other than that, the crowds were very manageable. We usually go in late April/early May and the crowds were about the same as that time frame.