PDA

View Full Version : My Disney 2014 Year in Review Part 8 Welcome to Florida, Permanently

Beach Club Babe
01-05-2015, 01:26 PM
When I last left you, the kids and I were headed home to Pa. 2 more months in Pa and nothing was really getting accomplished as far as a permanent home. We made the bold decision that at the Christmas break from school, the younger girls and I would make the move down to be with Ron. Matt and Ashleigh would come down for Christmas, but have to come back to PA until we find that elusive house.

After school on 12/19, the girls and I loaded up the Tahoe, and made the trip down. We arrived on the 20th a few minutes before noon. The 20th was Emily's 12th birthday, and since she has been dying to go to WDC on her actual birthday, we obliged. Now she wasn't expecting much, since we had no FP+, and it was so late in the day, but she really didn't care. She was just happy to be there. We rode Spaceship Earth and got her a birthday button. We checked to see if we could possibly get in anywhere for dinner, but everything available was too late. Courtney and Jason were going to join us, but they can't stay late because the need to get home to their dog.We tried to do a few rides that usually don't have lines. We successfully rode Nemo, but Figment was a 35 minute wait! Thanks FP+. Obviously I was not going to wait. We wanderred into Innoventions and the girls had a blast with The Great Pigym Bank Adventure, something they've never done as we rarely go in here. They also played Brave on the video games, before heading out of there. Emily wanted to ride Mission: Space, but no one else wanted to. She was fine riding it alone, so while I shopped in Mousegears for more Christmas presents, Ron took her over and then let Hallie play in the playground inside while they waited for Emily. While in Mousegears, Courtney arrived and they met me in the store. I was able at least to get her a present as I caught her admiring something. We met the others and decided we were all hungry. Instead of grabbing counter service, we decided to walk to the Boardwalk and eat at Big River Grille. Delicious just like in September. This is a great location if you do not have a reservation.

Back to Epcot, and we headed toward Canada when Emily proclaimed she wanted Gelato from Italy. I wish she would have spoke up a little earlier, but around we went. After that, she wanted another ride on Mission Space so off she went again. Normally this is one of Jason's favorites, but even he wasn't feeling it tonight. We all waited and then they needed to get going, and I also really needed to get to bed. First though, we needed to collect Emily's birthday present they had brought her. We decided to meet at a gas station once we got out of the parking lot. Finally, I was able to get some sleep.

Ashleigh and Matt arrived late on the 22nd, so I had to figure out how to get to the Sanford Airport. We've never flown into here, but I had the kids fly out of our local airport to make it easier on my parents who were driving them to the airport. Philly is just a bit too far for them.

The next day, they also had some shopping to finish so it was off to Downtown Disney. Yes it's true, it's ver much a disaster down there and even worse since October. We parked in the lot behind the Hess station, quite a hike. We shopped in World of Disney, gotta love that 40% employes discount! I did however, forget to get it at the Co-Op. Next was some lunch at Earl of Sandwich, always yummy, holiday sandwich for me. However, Matt was sad his favorite is gone. Ashleigh and Matt then got their favorite pretzels before heading out.

Christmas Eve and Christmas morning were spent at Courtney and Jason's.

Not sure which day after that, but one night I took Matt and Asheight over to WDW, not for the parks, but we still had a but of fun. We parked at TTC and took the monorail to Grand Floridian to admire the decorations and get some gingerbread. Back onto the monorail to check out new Polynesian lobby. Not a fan. Then went out to the beach to watch the fireworks and Electrical Water Pageant. Afterwards we got Dole Whip Floats at the Pineapple Lanai before heading home.

Saturday I took them to Universal for the first time. The two Harry Potter world's were phenomenal, and that is all we basically wanted to do there. I do not have any strong desire to go back anytime soon unless they open more Harry Potter things.

Sunday we were back up at Disney, but only at the Boardwalk and we took a boat up to the Studios and back. It was Ashleigh and Matt's last night as they had a 6:00 am flight the next day on the 29th.

On New Year's Eve day, Ron forgot a paper he needed, so he called and asked me to bring it up to him. Holy traffic Batman. That was insane. I'm glad we weren't going to be on property tonight. I had enough trouble meeting him and getting back out at 10 am. Can't imagine what it was like later.

Well that wraps up 2014 for us!

faline
01-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Hope things get settled for you soon Heather! Happy new year!!

Beach Club Babe
01-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Happy New Year to you too Linda!

VWL Mom
01-05-2015, 07:53 PM
What a year you've had! I hope you find that elusive house real soon, a perfect way to start 2015.

faline
01-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Happy New Year to you too Linda!

Thank you!!

princessgirls
01-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Happy New Year Heather!!!

It's a big year of change and transition for you. All exciting stuff!

Julie:mickey:

KylesMom
01-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Heather, my response to you has been a little slow, but I wanted to tell you that I am so glad you are back in the same state as Ron again! I am hoping that the past month has brought some good things to you as far as getting settled and that the kids are transitioning well. Fingers crossed that everything is falling into place! :mickey: