PDA

View Full Version : Cheer Competition Crowds

lwhan4
01-05-2015, 12:46 PM
My vac at WDW is Feb 6th - 13th.
I read online that cheer competitions take place
at WDW during this time frame.
Do the cheer competitions have an impact on the crowd levels?

faline
01-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Not typically but other events around that time frame do. You'll probably miss most of the Daytona 500 crowds though they will start arriving the weekend you are leaving. You may also see an increase in crowds towards the end of your trip as you will be leaving at the start of the Presidents' Day weekend which is also the kickoff for the busy spring break season.

eandrsmom
01-05-2015, 01:24 PM
We've been at the parks when these competitions were held. You will see groups in the parks. I didn't find it to have too much of an impact on the crowds. Expect it to be busy towards the end of your visit due to President's Day and Mardi Gras.

firefan43
01-06-2015, 10:19 AM
I went a few years ago, and the crowd level wasnt that bad. However, expect to be annoyed by groups of snotty teenage girls.

Actually saw a group of them giving an older couple a hard time and saying "why the hell do old people come to WDW anyway, its for kids!" The moms that were with the girls did nothing to correct the behavior.

Also, depending on where you are staying, be prepared for the super early wake up call of cheerleaders practicing outside the hotel. 6AM. :(