PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands

twink61
01-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Leaving in 2 days for our Disney Vacation and have a question about the magic bands. I have a split reservation. 3 nights the first part then off site for the weekend and then back for another 4 nights. We had 2 separate reservation numbers so had to order 2 bands, but now my 5 day pass is on one set of bands, but the fast pass + is on the other. Can Disney combine these when we get there?

VWL Mom
01-04-2015, 10:19 AM
The actual tickets and FP+ are on your MDE account, not on an individual Magic Band. If you look on your MDE account you should have both Magic Bands listed. They are interchangeable so everything should be connected to both. The only time this could be a problem is if the Magic Bands are on separate MDE accounts which Disney could probably work out for you.

Fangorn
01-04-2015, 10:54 AM
As Lynn says, it won't be an issue unless you actually created 2 separate MDE accounts. If you did, go to Guest Services when you get there and they should be able to combine things.

If you only have the one account, then you're fine. Think of it this way: the bands are merely the access code to the actual data stored on your MDE account. You can have multiple codes (bands) to access the same account.

I currently have 5 sets of bands (4 of them from a single trip - odd, I know). All of them show up in my MDE account and all of the bands were completely interchangeable in all aspects (room, tickets, charging, FP+)

The MDE app does allow you to deactivate/activate a specific band if you want.

Steve

twink61
01-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks everyone for the quick response. Now off to packing.