PDA

View Full Version : Dvc bookings?

dlpmikki
01-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Hoping to use DVC points to book our 4 night stay at the end of August. If I understand correctly there are 3 options. If all are available what would be your first / second choice?

chefmickey3
01-02-2015, 10:47 PM
We loved the Grand Californian. The location is wonderful. What size room do you need? We stayed there last July and had a wonderful vacation!

dlpmikki
01-03-2015, 12:41 AM
We only need a studio but could splurge on a 1 bed.

Maybe I should change my question to if Grand California is not available where should I try for next out of disneyland hotel and paradise pier?

Christine
01-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Truly I love the disneyland hotel. The rooms are LARGE and you'll get mouse keeping! Plus the historical charm of the decor is exquisite. And hello- TRADER SAMS!! ;)

dlpmikki
01-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Thank you Christine! The Disneyland hotel is the only one I have stayed at but that was 20 years ago - maybe the decor was new then - lol.

Melanie
01-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Best of luck getting DVC accommodations at GC, Mikki. It's truly amazing!

AgentC
01-03-2015, 08:46 PM
I've only stayed at the Disneyland Hotel but I loved it. If you can't get the villas, I highly recommend it.

BrerGnat
01-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier. In that order.

VWL Mom
01-04-2015, 08:09 AM
If you can't get into the Villas you could try the Cali Grand Hotel as your 2nd choice.

dlpmikki
01-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Is it worth getting a 1 bed at the villas or is a studio better?

Goofster
01-10-2015, 12:58 PM
We just got back from DLR and plan on going back the first week of Janiary in 2016. How difficult is it to book the grand Californian studio rooms at the 7 month window?

dlpmikki
01-10-2015, 04:50 PM
We just got back from DLR and plan on going back the first week of Janiary in 2016. How difficult is it to book the grand Californian studio rooms at the 7 month window?

I'll let you know when I try in a couple of weeks!

VWL Mom
01-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Is it worth getting a 1 bed at the villas or is a studio better?

I think you and Andrew would enjoy the 1 bedroom there. Depending on how long you'll be traveling away from home the extra space and the washer/dryer would be nice to have.

Goofster
01-12-2015, 11:38 AM
I'll let you know when I try in a couple of weeks!

Thanks, let me know and good luck!!

Carol
01-20-2015, 06:18 PM
If you want a true DVC experience your only option is the Villas at the Grand Californian.

Other than that you'd have to use the Concierge collection and stay in a regular room at any of the three resorts.

I would definitely go with a studio or 1-BR at the Grand Californian. It's less points than a regular room out of the 'Disney Stock" and you get more bang for your buck. Personally, I've never stayed in a studio. I've always gone with a 1 or 2-BR. I am going to be trying for a studio soon though. ;)

If that doesn't pan out I would go with a room at Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier.

Good Luck. :cool:

Carol
01-20-2015, 06:24 PM

I've had great luck booking at the 7 month mark for Grand Californian - even twice for January visits. However, I've never tried to get a studio.

dlpmikki
01-21-2015, 02:45 AM
I'll check both when I try and book next Monday. But we will book the one bed if we can. 4 nights at Disneyland :mickey: Ya!

dlpmikki
01-26-2015, 08:08 AM
We have just booked a 1 bed villa at Grand Californian for 4 nights. :number1: And yes the studio was also available.

Yesterday booked a 5 day hopper ticket from Attraction Tickets in UK and it worked out cheaper than a 4 day hopper from Disney.

Now to figure out how long it will take me to drive from Santa Barbara to Anaheim! Woo Hoo!

Disney4us2
01-26-2015, 09:26 AM
We have just booked a 1 bed villa at Grand Californian for 4 nights. :number1: And yes the studio was also available.

Yesterday booked a 5 day hopper ticket from Attraction Tickets in UK and it worked out cheaper than a 4 day hopper from Disney.

Now to figure out how long it will take me to drive from Santa Barbara to Anaheim! Woo Hoo!

Glad you were able to book your room.

Santa Barbara is quite a distance from Anaheim. From my old house (an hour north of Disneyland ) it was a good 90 minutes to 2 hour drive. I would figure at least 3 hours without rush hour traffic.

VWL Mom
01-26-2015, 12:53 PM

I was just wondering about you yesterday, so glad you were able to get the 1 bedroom.

rjmdds
01-29-2015, 08:58 AM
Congrats on the 1 BR. We are new DVC owners and booked our first trip as members at the VGC. I was so nervous about trying to get a studio at the 7 month mark based on the stories I've read. Luck was on my side because I was able to get a studio for 8 nights in August. This will be our families first trip to Disneyland. We can not wait.

dlpmikki
01-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Congrats on the 1 BR. We are new DVC owners and booked our first trip as members at the VGC. I was so nervous about trying to get a studio at the 7 month mark based on the stories I've read. Luck was on my side because I was able to get a studio for 8 nights in August. This will be our families first trip to Disneyland. We can not wait.

When in August are you going? We are heading there at the end of August.

rjmdds
01-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Us too. August 22-30. It is such an odd process trying to learn, plan and prepare for this trip. It is all so familiar in terms of similarities with WDW yet all so new in so many ways. Bizarre really.

Goofster
03-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Glad to hear you got a room! Our date to book is June 3rd! Fingers crossed!

Goofster
06-09-2015, 11:17 AM
We were able to book a 1BR for January 4-6th right on June 4th. We had to book it right when the online reservation opened up. The Studios were already completely booked, but we were able to snag a 1BR.

doombuggy
06-11-2015, 09:14 PM
I stayed in a Studio at the VGC in April for the Star WARs celebration and was surprised to get my waitlist in March that I booked in early January. I was expecting to have to splurge points to stay at DLH or PP. The room was at the end of a funky hall, so it was only me and the people in the 1br next door going down the hall so it was quiet. The negative was I had no cell service in the room (1st floor, next to a stairwell, so too much cement I guess).