PDA

View Full Version : BigRedDad's DW's 40th BDay PreTrip Report

BigRedDad
01-02-2015, 07:46 AM
Today we are exactly 4 weeks from leaving. We are back to work with schedules getting hectic. I have made all of our FP reservations, but expect crowds to be low. I was able to get all of our FPs for late morning including 7DMT, TSMM, etc. This was at the 30 day mark with our APs. The only planning I have done is dining reservations and plans to get her a small BDay present.

We are staying at BWV in a 1-BR Suite. We wil start the drive on Jan 30th. My hope is to get down to the southern end of GA. This will leave a 2.5 - 3 hour drive the next morning. If not, it will be near the northern end of GA near Savannah. We will have an easy day at DHS because we can walk or boat there easily after we check in. We can enjoy the resort, the Boardwalk entertainment that night, and maybe DTD in the late afternoon.

Reservation:
DW's BDay: early lunch at Crystal Palace and dinner at Ohanas that night.
Last day: 8AM breakfast at Tusker House. We will be finished and ready for Kilamanjaro Safari right after :mickey:

The only other plan is to see Scoop Sanderson. He was away this past trip and DD was a little upset. We were told the days he would be there, but alas he wasn't. My DD loves to show him past pics of them meeting and how he was the one that turned her on to Pin Trading.

VWL Mom
01-02-2015, 11:38 AM
It will be here before you know it, enjoy!

faline
01-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Coming up pretty quickly!! Enjoy!!:mickey:

spikesmom
01-02-2015, 06:50 PM
You should teach a class to the clueless husbands who have no idea what the best present for a big number birthday is WDW! Bravo! sounds like you have a nice trip planned!

BigRedDad
01-03-2015, 03:26 AM
My DW does not care for jewelry (thank goodness). I am glad I only wasted about $500 in total on Pandora garbage. The only jewelry beyond the wasted Pandora stuff was her engagement ring.

There are far more important things we need instead of a jewelry...house paid off, college tuition covered, retirement funding, etc. I do not need to waste more money on jewelry. Our biggest spend is on vacations each year. This will be a relatively large bill for this special trip.

KylesMom
01-30-2015, 02:50 PM
I am hoping your travels are safe and that you and the DW have a magical time. Wish her Happy Birthday from us all! :party: