PDA

View Full Version : College Football Playoff

Scar
01-01-2015, 05:40 PM
I really wanted to root for Oregon, but their uniforms are soooo ugly, that it's hard to root for them.

joonyer
01-01-2015, 07:25 PM
I really wanted to root for Oregon, but their uniforms are soooo ugly, that it's hard to root for them.

They're plainer than some I've seen them wear, but they are garish, I'll give you that.

Fangorn
01-01-2015, 08:01 PM
I generally agree about the ugliness of the Oregon uniforms. I'm a management consultant and have been working at Nike for the past 4 years. Nike does the uniforms for a lot of college teams (including my alma mater TCU - fear the frog), but the founder of Nike is an Oregon Duck as are roughly 40% of the corporate staff. Nike pretty much designs a new uniform for them for every game. Most of them are awful. But then if you were ever to be on the Nike campus, you'd swear no one there has any sense of style or color. Other than gaudy, of course.

Occasionally they come up with nice designs - TCU for instance - but generally in those cases the schools have told Nike "uh, no, that's just ugly, try again". Oregon, however, apparently doesn't feel they can say "no" to their #1 donor, and let the Nike designers continue their search for the grossest colors of green and ugliest designs imaginable.

Steve

Scar
01-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Complaint #2: It is after 9:00PM and the Sugar Bowl just started.

John
01-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Maybe I'm the only one - but I totally dig the Oregon Uni's!

1DisneyNut
01-05-2015, 03:08 PM
I also think the Oregon uniforms are hideous. From a player standpoint, I would be embarrassed to wear some of them.

From my perspective, it takes away from your team identity. For instance, the team might be on the field wearing shiny silver uniforms with gold wings/feathers and metal flake silver helmets but the fans are in the stands wearing green and yellow. It just seems odd to me. You go to most games anywhere and the fans in the stands are wearing the exact same thing as the team on the field. That is part of being a fan and identifying with your team. I for one will be glad when that fad passes and teams go back to tradition.

joonyer
01-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Well, They just released the the Oregon uniforms for the NC game: grey pants with (mostly) white jerseys. Take a look on ESPN. Not so garish, but no connection with green or yellow either. Weird. OSU's are more traditional colors, but both are new uniforms for this game.

1DisneyNut
01-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Dang did they read my mind? lol

Those uniforms are exactly to the T what I am talking about. They have absolutely no identifiable tie to Oregon whatsoever. No green or yellow at all. They are actually generic looking like they just went to Walmart and said what is the cheapest football uniforms we can get?

Fangorn
01-06-2015, 02:45 AM
Dang did they read my mind? lol

Those uniforms are exactly to the T what I am talking about. They have absolutely no identifiable tie to Oregon whatsoever. No green or yellow at all. They are actually generic looking like they just went to Walmart and said what is the cheapest football uniforms we can get?

Trust me, those uniforms are not "cheap" :D. The amount of Nike resources that go into providing the University of Oregon with their uniforms is not insignificant. In this case, I'm pretty sure that every executive and Board member that is also a U of O alum (and that would be nearly all of them) were involved in the process in some manner. Hmmm. Come to think of it, that could be why the uniforms are so generic: designed by a committee. ;)

Steve

1DisneyNut
01-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Trust me, those uniforms are not "cheap" :D. The amount of Nike resources that go into providing the University of Oregon with their uniforms is not insignificant. In this case, I'm pretty sure that every executive and Board member that is also a U of O alum (and that would be nearly all of them) were involved in the process in some manner. Hmmm. Come to think of it, that could be why the uniforms are so generic: designed by a committee. ;)

Steve

I realize they aren't cheap but they sure do look it. They might as well just have black letters on them that say "football player". You know, like a black and white box of generic cereal that just says "Cereal" on the box. lol

From my understanding, Nike designs them for Oregon and the school gives them the go ahead or at least that is what I read somewhere. Either way, if a school committee is involved in those uniforms, they really need to get uninvolved.

Scallywag
01-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Go Buckeyes!!!:number1: