PDA

View Full Version : Memory Maker Question

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-30-2014, 01:47 PM
I just decided to add on the memory maker for our upcoming trip in January.

Couple of questions.

1. I know the memory maker includes all the attraction photos (like Everest, Splash etc.). For ride photos they used to print out the copies and give them to you/ship to your room once you paid for them. Do you now just get them "free" when you present your magic band to indicate you paid for memory maker. Or instead of getting photos on the spot, do they instead upload them to your account. If they do that, do you still get the ride borders on the photo.

2. Once you return from your trip do you order the photos or if you have MM, do you simply get a disc/dvd with all your photos included.

3. Are you still allowed to upload your own photos to the ones on MM? Is there still a limit?

Is there a difference between photo pass and memory maker or is it simply memory maker is that package that pays for photopass?

TIA - any other info would also be greatly appreciated.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-30-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm sure you're getting excited for the trip ... not too much longer to wait!

Couple of questions.

For the attraction pictures you get a "free" digital copy that will be available to download from your MDE account. Before you download it, you can add borders, and there are special "attraction specific" ones you can add.

One word of caution. Disney says that the ride photos will automatically appear in your account, but every time we didn't scan our bands at the end (where you used to pick up your "free" picture), the photo would be missing. They eventually found them all, but we get our bands scanned at all of the photo attractions now, to avoid issues.

When you return from your trip, you will see all of your photos in your account, and you will be able to edit them, add the borders, the "stickers" and signatures. When you're ready you will redeem your MM, which will then create a digital download file (or a few files, depending on how many pictures you have) that you can download to your computer. The DVD disc is now an additional charge if you still want it.

You can upload your own photos to use on products (like a calendar).

Disney has made the whole Memory Maker/PhotoPass thing rather confusing. You're right ... PhotoPass is the service that takes the photos, creates the products (cards, mugs, calendars). Memory Maker is the "thing" that allows you do download all of your photopass pictures for one price.

Hope this helps!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-31-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks Heather, that help quite a bit. Yes everyone is excited, the kids have a Disney ring chain that they made, removing one ring each day as a count down marker.

Do you know how much the dvd costs? Being somewhat techno challenged, having that dvd would give a little extra comfort knowing there is a back up.

rivermist61
12-31-2014, 02:06 PM
We just returned and had MM. Your ride photos are automatically added now, you don't even have to go use your band to add them. They also now have a video of you on the ride they include.

You can still add all the borders/stickers to everything. It's all there then when your done you can download all the pictures to your computer to do as you please with them. You still have the option of ordering prints or anything from Disney if you wish.

I didn't find it confusing. Just when you have your picture taken, be sure to have a band scanned. Then in your my Disney experience go to photopass and all your pictures are there. They break it up by the park/resorts and by the days. Just remember from the time you FIRST look at them that begins your 30 days!