PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Review

nicholsbears
12-28-2014, 12:00 PM
:santa3:

Just returned from WDW for a holiday theme vacation and thought I would share some observations.
First the positive:
As usual the Christmas decorations were superb: from the Osborne Lights to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. You couldn't ask for a better place to be to stir the holiday spirit.
We used Mickeys Magical Express for the first time and it couldn't have been a better experience. I cant praise this service enough. Fantastic ! Took all the luggage and transportaion hassle out of the trip. Thanks Disney.
Of course, all of the cast members were terrific!
The free dining plan was great.
Haunted Mansion was supposed to be closed for renovation, but opened a week early while we were there...thanks.
Now the not so positive:
The cleanliness of the parks restrooms were not up to Disney standard (although I admit I hold them to a higher standard).
I wanted to praise the Magic-Bands / Pass reservation system but I can't. I know I sound like an old fogey (which I am), but there has been too much reliance on technology. It is great...WHEN it works. In the past I have always printed out our reservation and such ahead of time...this time I didn't because I was assured they would always be available on My Disney Experience app. Wrong. 90% of the time there was no wi-fi reception available in our room (CBR). Twice on sit down meals the wi-fi system was "down" and the server asked us if we wanted to charge our meal ($100+) to our room. Uh...no, since we had the free meal plan. Several times buying snacks from the kiosks the wi-fi was "down" and we had to pay cash. I have never been to WDW when there were more ride shut-downs and closures...I am guessing because of wi-fi/computer problems. Our Magic Band reseevations were honored at any time during the day because of the shut-downs, but this caused the Fast Pass lines to be as long as the Stand By lines. Too many bugs in the system.
When we did finally get on the Mine Train (seemed to be continually closed), it was nice, but had to be the shortest ride Disney has ever designed.
Please stop selling the character autograph books...they take up so much of the limited character appearance time.
Finally, is there anything more pretentious or obnoxious than those "selfie" sticks people attach to their camera so they can take "selfies." They are dangerous, too. I was whacked in the face three times.

Had a magical time, and would certainly recommend it to everyone, but there is certainly room for improvement.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
:newyear:

faline
12-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Glad there were a lot of plusses to offset the minuses your experienced. Thanks for the report!!

KylesMom
12-30-2014, 08:21 AM
So happy to hear that overall you had a fun trip - and that HM opened early so that you could enjoy it. While we have never taken Magical Express, I have heard wonderful things about the service.

That being said, what a shame that technology got in the way of having a top-notch experience. The Wi-Fi issues are inexcusable.

Twice on sit down meals the wi-fi system was "down" and the server asked us if we wanted to charge our meal ($100+) to our room. Uh...no, since we had the free meal plan. Several times buying snacks from the kiosks the wi-fi was "down" and we had to pay cash. I have never been to WDW when there were more ride shut-downs and closures...I am guessing because of wi-fi/computer problems.
That is CRAZY! We very rarely carry more than a few dollars with us when entering the parks, and would have been in dire straights if all we could do was pay cash.

Overall though, a nice trip. Thanks for sharing your memories with us! :mickey:

Christine
01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
I cannot STAND the selfie sticks!!!! They're becoming epidemic!