PDA

View Full Version : BLT/Contemporary and first trip with an infant/toddler :)

vallerii
12-24-2014, 12:39 AM
So practically what I'd call a Disney pro here as I've gone almost yearly since I was 3, but we've had a few year hiatus and are visiting soon with my daughter who will be a little over 1 year for her VERY FIRST VISIT! :) :party::blush::mickey:

I'm beyond excited! Her first year was a whirlwind (a few emergency room stays, and other crazy things I won't go into detail over...but long story short, momma NEEDS a vacation, and taking my little one to the place of all my favorite childhood memories is a dream come true, a long time in the making!)

That being said, we're staying at Bay Lake (and I haven't stayed at the Contemporary probably since I was 4! lol), we haven't tried out the new FP+ system, haven't seen all the changes at the Village, New Fantasyland, etc... I think the last time we visit was probably maybe 2012-early 2013 (having a little one really puts vacations on a backburner!)

I'll take any tips, advice, etc.. regarding things to

def. do at Bay Lake/ Contemporary that are easily missed (we're skipping Chef Mickey's though and doing Garden Grill for a more laid back first character dinner experience)
)

things to do with an infant/toddler (we've def. planned Dumbo, meeting Mickey, Playhouse Disney, nemo, imagination, turtle talk, Ariel, etc..)

Toddler tips we might not think of (we know about the baby centers, I'm bringing disposable bibs, packing plenty of snacks, def. bringing the small folding stroller, and def. planning on some breaks!)

Honestly, anything since 2012 that we might not be aware of, need to see, insider tips from a more recent visitor, or things we simply can't miss would totally be appreciated.

Basically I've got a few year gap in knowledge to make up, a new little person to show around (and a grandma pro- to still keep happy who is coming with us too)

Thanks in advance to any who might have some advice, tips or other ideas. :tink::mjump: My kiddo's second word was "icky" meaning "mickey" so this should give you an idea how much her Grandmother and I have geared her up for this trip (Her father on the other hand finds it hilarious she calls Mickey "Icky" but I managed to talk him into taking her to WDW before she was 3 so I think we'll convert him still)

VWL Mom
12-25-2014, 12:04 PM
You seem to have a pretty good list of things you already know. Just remember to take your signs from her, slow it down, and enjoying seeing everything through your daughter's eyes. Most of all, enjoy!