PDA

View Full Version : January discounts?

Main Street Jim
12-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Anyone know if WDW offers any January specials?

Looking at our next trip in Jan '16....

Fangorn
12-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Typically, yes - there are discounts in January.

For January 2015, there are a couple of different things being offered (or were, I think the booking window for those expired yesterday). I know there's an AP discount, as we took advantage of that and there were at least 2 other discount offers that showed up when I booked.

Those offers came out at the very end of October - I booked on Nov 2.

Steve

Main Street Jim
12-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Typically, yes - there are discounts in January.

For January 2015, there are a couple of different things being offered (or were, I think the booking window for those expired yesterday). I know there's an AP discount, as we took advantage of that and there were at least 2 other discount offers that showed up when I booked.

Those offers came out at the very end of October - I booked on Nov 2.

SteveThanks, Steve. Yeah, we're not gonna be AP holders, as we'll probably be down there about every two years or so. I just looked at Jan '15 rates, and they look pretty doable. Our trip, though, isn't until *2016* :thumbsup:

Tank3434
01-06-2015, 12:55 PM
I was wondering what the deals were this year in jan too and when they were released. Also throwing around ideas for a possible jan trip next year altho it may have to be December depending on christmas decorations. I'm still trying to decide what to do. Decemeber is already a busy month can't imagine throwing a Disney trip in the mix!!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-07-2015, 09:32 AM
I was wondering what the deals were this year in jan too and when they were released. Also throwing around ideas for a possible jan trip next year altho it may have to be December depending on christmas decorations. I'm still trying to decide what to do. Decemeber is already a busy month can't imagine throwing a Disney trip in the mix!!

We have a trip coming up end of this month. We booked it under the Stay-Play-Dine offer that was released Nov/Dec I think. This particular offer required that you book a package that included your resort, park tickets and dining plan (type of plan subject to resort level chosen). You can't tell exactly what is being discounted, they just give you the package price. For us, the total package discount was close to 25% off. While the free dining offer we had in 2012 was better, this worked out better for us than the other offer that was going on, the room only discounts, that ranged from 15-30% dependent upon which resort level you were staying at, and if it was week day vs weekend.

I figured we still saved about $1200 compared to if we had booked each component at full price.