PDA

View Full Version : BklynChick's Beach Club Holiday Trip Part 1

BklynChick
12-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Just back from my first ever trip to WDW during the Christmas holiday season. I don't know if I will have time for full blown day by day reports due to time constraints (aaak! Christmas is in 11 days!!!!) but I did want to do a quick report...

Overall:
- Christmas at WDW is everything I imagined and more! After reading about it online for years it was so great to actually see everything in person.
- December in Disney is still December. I packed a fleece jacket, hat and gloves and used them every night. Worth paying for a locker.
- Crowds were decent except Wednesday at MK when Pop Warner an Brazilian tour groups collided.
- Beach Club was amazing, loved being able to walk to Epcot (I could even hear and see high fireworks from Illuminations from my balcony!). The lobby smelled like gingerbread - YUM!
- I had no issues with Magic Bands or FP+ - I am a real fan of both. Just wish you could link other payment options like a Disney Visa Rewards card.

Day by day highlights:

Sunday 12/7: Arrived early afternoon at BC and my room was ready (love online check-in). Went to see the pool and since it was heated, decided to take a chance and try the lazy river. Sun came out and was able to do the hot tub as well. Explored the Epcot resorts, then dinner at Cape May Cafe. Selection was smaller than other buffets but quality was excellent. The only disappointment was dessert - not much there and no Oreo bonbons! Liked that the CM offered me hot tea in a to-go cup to bring back to the room.

Monday 12/8: My first rainy day at a Disney park in 20+ years (and the only one this week thank goodness). At least Hollywood Studios is mostly indoors...didn't stop me from doing any rides or shows (only Jedi Academy was cancelled). Sun came out for a bit during LMA. Loved the Frozen sing along show (and yes I sang along!). Dinner at 50's Prime Time was excellent - fried chicken and smores, yummy! Fortunately the rain ended for Osborne Lights. Maybe the bad weather kept the crowds away because I didn't feel it was as crazy as others warned. I walked around for 1 1/2 hours enjoying the lights and songs. Really had a nice evening.

Tuesday 12/9: Had a decadent breakfast at Captain's Grill before making part of EMH at Epcot. I was worried about not getting a FP+ for Soarin but was able to ride twice (along with single rider at TT and FP+ at SE) before heading to World Showcase. Loved the Holiday Storytellers - saw almost all of them. Lunch at Les Halles was so good - jambon beurre and citron macaron. Dinner was at La Hacienda and the shrimp tacos were also very good. Had FP+ for Illuminations - the viewing area was perfect but front row spots were almost gone before the window was technically open, so get there early! The holiday tag was a nice addition to one of my all-time favorites.

To be continued...

faline
12-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Nice start!! Glad you got to enjoy all the holiday festivities at Disney World!!

KylesMom
12-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Christmas at WDW is everything I imagined and more! After reading about it online for years it was so great to actually see everything in person.

So happy that you finally got to enjoy Disney's holiday extravaganza. It's on my bucket list, and one that I hope to be able to enjoy some day. I bet it was an extra-special treat to stay at BC with its close proximity to Epcot.

Nice that the rain did not ruin your day at DHS and you were able to see the lights in all their glory! On to Report #2 . . . :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Sounds great, its a wonderful location

princessgirls
12-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Disney is so magical for the holidays!!

Glad you are enjoying!!!!

Julie:mickey: