PDA

View Full Version : APs and Magic Bands

BigRedDad
12-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Time is limited as we are getting ready to pack and leave. We have APs now but have not received our Magic Bands. Not a huge issue, but it may make life easier. Our APs have not been redeemed yet. We need to go to Guest Relations still when we get there tomorrow.

Can we get the Magic Bands when we get to Guest Relations or purchase them there and link our APs?

VWL Mom
12-13-2014, 08:20 AM
If you are activating your AP this trip you will not get a magic band unless you buy one. If you have a band from a previous trip you can use that. Rather than give you the option to get a band when you buy your pass it doesn't appear in your MDE account until activation. Kind of silly IMO.

BigRedDad
12-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Thank you. We may be hitting DTD first which will let us buy them. I don't mind buying one. I just don't how inconvenient WDW is without one. I have not been since they implemented the changes.

VWL Mom
12-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Even with the Magic Bands I still wear my lanyard with my DVC card, photo ID, and AP in case I want to use the discounts for shopping. Yes, you still need to show them even with a Magic Band so I wouldn't find not having a Magic Band all that inconvenient especially if I had to pay for it.

dnickels
12-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Thank you. We may be hitting DTD first which will let us buy them. I don't mind buying one. I just don't how inconvenient WDW is without one. I have not been since they implemented the changes.

It's hardly an inconvenience. Pulling out your AP is no different than pulling out your old KTTW card for FP use purposes. You can go ahead and buy bands when you get there, but you'd basically be giving Disney an extra $12.95 per ticket by doing so. I'd just use your tickets this trip and order your free bands that come once you activate your APs for the next time.

Christine
12-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Are you staying on property? Won't you get a band then and can link the AP to it?