PDA

View Full Version : Universal on last day here at WDW- should i go??

Katzateer
12-12-2014, 06:48 AM
We have a lenght of stay pass. The last day at Disney i have a chance to go to Universal with friends. I might not ever get to go to see HP if i dont go this trip and i am a huge fan. Should I spend the extra money for tickets to universal when i have already paid to get into wdw

Imalismom
12-12-2014, 06:52 AM
If you are doing your length of stay passing through Shades of Green, and have not purchased them, you might be able to get one day less - worth asking at the ticket desk (separate form the check in desk).

But either way, I say go - you'll beat yourself up for years if you never get back and had this once in a lifetime chance and did not do it.

faline
12-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Just went to Universal last month for the first time in years. While I prefer the Disney parks to Universal, I'm glad I went. The Harry Potter areas of the park are very well done and worth the visit. If you have a one-time opportunity to go, I'd suggest you take it!!

Mrs Bus Driver
12-12-2014, 01:10 PM
I'd go if I had the chance. You should do it, who knows when you will get the chance to go again. :mickey:

Katzateer
12-12-2014, 02:14 PM
I think i am going for it. Sooooo excited! My husband is just going to hang out at WDW and ride boats and sleep late. Maybe he will go into parks. But he said it was fine and has no interest in HP. We are going to meet him at MK at 6- it is open until midnight so our lastevening will still be at MK.

BrerGnat
12-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Yes, GO! Don't even think twice about it. Diagon Alley is fantastic and if you are a huge fan, you owe it to yourself to go.

#1donaldfan
12-16-2014, 12:28 PM
GO !!! We've gone a couple of times and LOVED it. The rides are incredible and the butter beer's the best. The city walk is also lots of fun. I am a die hard Disney goer, but Universal has that thrill ride feel that my kids and I love. :thumbsup: sorry Disney, you don't always get all my money......:blush:

Katzateer
12-16-2014, 05:08 PM
I did go and had a great time!:thumbsup:

vallerii
12-24-2014, 12:52 AM
Harry Potter and Diagon Alley is fantastic and really well themed, but as someone who got stuck on the Forbidden Journey in Hogsmede for nearly 2 hours, I am very, very bitter towards Universal. We weren't compensated, we weren't apologized too, and I had a stiff neck that ruined the rest of the week. We encountered pretty terrible attitudes that were dramatically different than our Disney trips.

It's a VERY crowded area (in BOTH Universal parks) with VERY long lines, and I found the lines and crowd control rather chaotic. We actually stayed on property at the Lowe's hotels (Which I will say are sooooo wonderful!) so we even had early admission and express line passes.

If you do decide to go def go EARLY, and DO NOT put up with any lacking customer servicelike we did. Don't take a backpack so you don't need to worry about their wacky and annoying locker system (just carry a lanyard with your tickets or stuff your pockets) Have a plan in place and prepare ahead so you can really enjoy the things you want to.

BigRedDad
01-03-2015, 03:40 AM
Never live in regret. A one-day pass is less than $100. Is it worth the regret to not go?

Oops, late on the message. Glad you went and had a great time.