PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Premium Experience Review

Strmchsr
12-08-2014, 04:28 PM
When the Frozen Premium Experience at DHS was announced I have to admit I was REALLY skeptical about it. We did the Villain's Soiree at the Halloween Party, however, and it was incredible. One of the best experiences I've ever had at WDW. So I thought I might give this a try. Honestly, our initial plan had been to go to the MVMCP last Tuesday night (Dec 2). However, it was so incredibly crowded that afternoon and evening in MK we decided to skip it. Since we already had the funds set aside we decided to do the Frozen experience instead on Wednesday evening, Dec 3.

Let me say, first of all, that everything you get with the Frozen Premium Package (FPP from now on) you can do for free. This is not an exclusive event but a VIP experience. I just want to make that distinction. The Villain's Soiree was definitely an exclusive event. You only got that experience in the castle with the package. With the FPP, you start off by checking in on arrival at DHS where you can select your VIP seating for the Frozen Sing A Long. This has become an extremely hard Fastpass to get and every single showing was, literally, standing room only. With the FPP no waiting in line and you end up on the first 1-3 rows with a perfect view of the stage. I enjoyed the show. I like the movie Frozen (except for the Let It Go song. Here's my rant - I can't believe that 1 song is so popular. It sounds like a cliche beauty pageant song yet everyone goes around yelling it at the top of their lungs. There are so many better songs in the movie! End of rant.) but I'm not uber-gaga over it. And, actually, I'm a little burned out on Disney's over-hyping of it. That said, it's a fun show (and I doubly enjoyed it since one of my good friends plays one of the Arendale Historians and she nails the part) and getting to sit right up front with no waiting made it even better.

The second part of the package came that evening with a reserved seating area for the Osborne Lights along with a dessert party. All of the desserts and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are Frozen themed and Disney had some fantastic concoctions, especially in the drinks. Now, again, I know you can walk through the Lights at no charge, but it's always so crowded. I can't tell you how magical it was for my family sitting at our private table underneath the big earth eating some fantastic desserts and sipping some really enjoyable drinks for an hour and a half while getting to watch the full Osborne Lights show with no pushing crowds, no standing around, no one in our way. Snow was falling all around us and we had a blast. My skepticism was melted away and it was a magical experience for all of us. If you're looking for an exclusive event for your money, this isn't it. If you're looking to get a magical evening being treated like a VIP, this is definitely it. The only exclusive part is you get an exclusive Frozen pin and lithograph that only can be gotten with this package.

I wouldn't do this event repeatedly. The money wouldn't be worth it. But for a one time thing, it was definitely two thumbs up.

Hammer
12-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Chris, thanks for your review! Is this package available until the end of the year? Cheryl and I may make a quick trip to Disney to see Epcot and go to Osborne Lights and I was thinking this package may be a good option for us.

Very important question- was there any champagne/prosecco/sparkling wine available :) :wine: ? That could sway Cheryl into the "yes" column!

faline
12-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the review, Chris. This is the kind of information that folks can really use when they are planning their own trips!!

Mickey'sGirl
12-08-2014, 06:15 PM
That's great information Chris. How much does the VIP experience cost?

VWL Mom
12-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a nice time, thanks for the review!

Strmchsr
12-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Chris, thanks for your review! Is this package available until the end of the year?...Very important question- was there any champagne/prosecco/sparkling wine available :) :wine: ? That could sway Cheryl into the "yes" column!

It's offered November 21 to December 9, 2014 and December 11, 2014 to January 4, 2015. I have no idea why it's not offered this Wednesday (Dec 10). No champagne/sparkling wine. The alcoholic drinks were all specialty drinks (and very, very yummy as I tried all 3). There was a cold apple cider with rum, a "Southern Isles" drink with pineapple juice, bourbon, and another juice, and then they had a baileys Irish creme and peppermint schnapps cocoa. They also had several non-alcoholic options such as sodas, cocoa, and cider.

That's great information Chris. How much does the VIP experience cost?

$89 per adult or $59 for children (ages 3 to 9), tax and gratuity included.

faline
12-09-2014, 09:06 AM
I have no idea why it's not offered this Wednesday (Dec 10).

Is Pop Warner there this week? I know they are there around this time and know they usually hold a private event in Disney Studios. The park typically closes early that evening and all the Pop Warner participants get the park to themselves for the evening.

Yellow_MM
12-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks Chris for this review. I had purchased tickets for 7pm on Dec 14th and have been anxiously waiting for someone to post a review. The event as you described seems to fit what we were looking for. I do have some questions
1) Where do you check in at on upon your arrival to DHS?
2) Since I have ticket for the 7pm, is that when the Sing A Long starts and the experience follows? Or, are do these 2 "parts" work independently?
Thanks again!

Strmchsr
12-09-2014, 11:59 AM
1) Where do you check in at on upon your arrival to DHS?
2) Since I have ticket for the 7pm, is that when the Sing A Long starts and the experience follows? Or, are do these 2 "parts" work independently?
Thanks again!

1.) The check in is right next to guest relations. It's well marked with a "package check-in" sign but it's in that log cabin looking building on your left as soon as you come through the gates at the park entrance.

2.) When you check-in you will be allowed to pick a seating time for the Sing-A-Long. They seat at most shows throughout the day so the two "parts" of the package are independent. At 7 (or shortly before) is when you want to be lined up for the dessert party to begin. The entrance for seating for that is over by the restrooms at the entrance to Lights, Motor, Action and the tables themselves are directly under the big "Peace on Earth" globe.

Strmchsr
12-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Is Pop Warner there this week? I know they are there around this time and know they usually hold a private event in Disney Studios. The park typically closes early that evening and all the Pop Warner participants get the park to themselves for the evening.

That's probably it. Pop Warner is in town this week.

princessgirls
12-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the review Chris!!

Good perspective!

Julie:mickey:

joanna71985
12-09-2014, 06:23 PM
I love the historians! They are my favorite part of the show