PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Animal Kingdom Refurbishing Two Restaurants in 2015: Updated 1/11/15

Figment!
12-07-2014, 07:40 PM
1/11/15

Construction walls are up around the Flame Tree Barbeucue as the multi-month refurbishment is underway.

During the refurbishment, Disney's Animal Kingdom has announced the following signature menu items will be available at alternative locations:

1/2 BBQ Chicken available at Beastly Kiosk and Garden Kiosk in Discovery Isle
Jumbo Turkey Leg available at Trilo-Bites in Dinoland
Pork Sandwich available at Trilo-Bites in Dinoland
1/2 Slab of St. Louis Style Ribs available at Beastly Kiosk and Garden Kiosk in Discovery Isle

12/7/14

Two popular quick service locations are planned to be refurbished for 2015.

Flame Tree Barbecue is planned to be closed for refurbishment from January 5 through Early April 2015. The multi-month refurbishment will reportedly expand the location’s covered areas including seating, walkways, and ordering queue.

Additionally, a new table service location is planned to be adjoined to the Pizzafari quick service location. A partitioned refurbishment will reportedly allow the quick service location to operate during the renovations. The new table service location is slated to open in Early 2015.

PawleyPlatoon
12-11-2014, 12:48 AM
Any idea when in early 2015? We will be there the last week in January. Also, do you know what kind of table service it will be?

Thanks and

Merry Christmas!

Goofy4TheWorld
12-11-2014, 09:06 AM
I nearly choked on my breakfast just now while reading about Flametree being closed, but thankfully it turned out not to affect my dates.

BUT... I think it's pretty [not nice] of Disney to announce this closure less than a month out. I know it's only a CS meal, but for me it is something I would have to mentally prepare myself to miss if I had to!

#1donaldfan
12-11-2014, 02:23 PM
I nearly choked on my breakfast just now while reading about Flametree being closed, but thankfully it turned out not to affect my dates.

BUT... I think it's pretty [not nice] of Disney to announce this closure less than a month out. I know it's only a CS meal, but for me it is something I would have to mentally prepare myself to miss if I had to!

I'd be the same way if I didn't have the chance to eat Flame Tree. I love that place !!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
12-11-2014, 03:07 PM

Actually, Disney announced the Flame Tree closing on Nov 18. Still short but not less than a month.

faline
12-11-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm glad they are expanding table service options. I've often thought this park is a bit light on options,

Figment!
12-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Any idea when in early 2015? We will be there the last week in January. Also, do you know what kind of table service it will be? Those details have yet to be announced. Updates will be made to this thread when those details become available.

I'd be the same way if I didn't have the chance to eat Flame Tree. I love that place !!:mickey: Details have yet to be announced, but it was included that there would be some menu items offered at other Quick Service locations during the closure.

azcavalier
12-12-2014, 03:25 PM
NOOOOO!!!! We're getting to WDW on the 3rd, and planned to hit AK on the 6th! We have our Fast Passes and everything!

*sigh*

There's is no place else at AK that we like as a Quick Service. :mad:

Figment!
01-11-2015, 04:21 PM
**Update**