PDA

View Full Version : Backpack with wheels

DonaldDuck1117
12-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Hello all,

My Mother in-law asked if she is allowed to bring in a backpack with wheels that she would pull behind her. Why does she need this? I haven't the foggiest clue. I looked on the Disney website and I see that there are restrictions on the size of a backpack, and also that you cannot bring in trailer like objects like a wagon.

After reading that I think they are allowed but I'm not really sure. So I came to the experts. Are they allowed? I really don't think she needs one but she can be a bit stubborn :secret:

faline
12-05-2014, 07:45 PM
Things with wheels that are pulled or dragged behind you are not allowed in the parks.

Pirate Granny
12-05-2014, 08:50 PM
My BFF likes to bring an umbroller stroller to put her stuff in...no kids, just stuff so she doesn't need to carry or the kids stuff

Basket Mommy
12-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Things with wheels that are pulled or dragged behind you are not allowed in the parks.

I saw dozens of rolling backpacks in the parks the week before Thanksgiving. There was one allowed through the security line right in front of me at Magic Kingdom.

They're more frustrating than scooters. I tripped over them more than once during our five day trip.

Cass&KenziesMom
12-06-2014, 08:33 AM
I would just tell her they aren't allowed.

NJGIRL
12-06-2014, 12:46 PM
They are not allowed and it really bugs me that Disney doesn't enforce their own rules.

I really don't get why people bring so much stuff to a theme park. I understand that when you have little ones more gear is required, but I see people (without young children) lugging backpacks hikers use when going into the mountains for a week.:D

If she needs to bring that much with her and can't carry it all day, have her rent a locker. That's what we used to do when we were at the MK all day and the kids had Halloween costumes for the party at night.

DonaldDuck1117
12-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the answers. Looks like it's one of those instances where you can bring in a backpack with wheels that meet the size regulations and are told not to pull it behind you, then it's hit or miss on them enforcing it once you are in the parks.

She doesn't want a locker, she wants a backpack. Stubborn. I don't understand the backpack people either. I only take what I need and only that fits in my pockets.

Mrs Bus Driver
12-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Maybe you should ask her what she needs to bring. Then maybe you can help her widdle it down. Or maybe after a day of dragging it around she'll realize she doesn't need that much stuff. I used to bring a big purse because of needing meds, camera and what not. But quickly changed to a fanny pack with just what I needed for the day. :mickey:

princessgirls
12-10-2014, 03:48 PM
We try not to bring so much stuff, but we had weird weather. needed rain gear, and lightweight shirts for night, etc.

My husband carried a medium backpack and I carried a small one. Girls skipped through the park carefree!!

If it was allowed, I would have brought my "Wonder Wheeler" that I use for the beach!! LOL LOL LOL LOL The thought did cross my mind!!!

Julie:mickey:

mechanic
12-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Most wr ever took was a medium shoulder bag when kids were5-10 years old. Once the youngest was about 10, just what would fit in our pockets or wifes small purse.

SurferStitch
12-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Well, you can honestly tell her that wheeled bags are not allowed in the parks. It's up to her if she wants to lug a big backpack around all day. One day in the heat will probably cure here of that notion.

You'll surely hear her complain when she does see wheeled bags in the parks (we saw them,too), but then you can just pop a Mickey ice cream bar in her mouth to quiet her down! :thedolls:

SBETigg
12-12-2014, 12:07 PM
I wish they would enforce their own rules. If they're not allowed, do not let people bring them in because people will try to use them as intended and other people who follow the rules will be all upset about it and break the rule next time. Then, wheeled bags all over the park. And they really are a hazard to other guests. Please don't do it.

I understand that it's hard to tell her they are not allowed and then go to the park and see them all over. It's Disney's fault for not wanting to say no to guests. But sometimes, they need to just do it.

Basket Mommy
12-12-2014, 01:20 PM
I don't get why they don't tell people they're not allowed, either. I was at a Braves vs. Red Sox game on Memorial Day in Atlanta, and one guy (with kids in tow) was turned back because he had a hard sided cooler. Only soft coolers are allowed at Turner Field. I felt bad for the guy, but one visit to the website and I knew what was allowed and what wasn't. With so many restrictions everywhere, all you have to do is check to see what you can take in. If you don't, that's your problem. The guy argued, but eventually turned around and went back to his car. I don't see why Disney can't do the same.