PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weather Getaway Pre-Trip Report

tadcd
12-05-2014, 12:43 AM
It has been a long time since I have posted on Intercot. Last time my Intercotee friends came up with a list of everywhere there is fire at the resort so that we could avoid for my fearful toddler. He is a big boy now, fire no longer an issue (but still very sensitive, so we'll see what he is willing to do) and he has a baby brother now (his first trip). Our back story is this trip has been in the works for about 6 months, but we were on the fence as whether yo reschedule up to 2 weeks ago. We are so very VERY tired with a four year old and 11 month old that we aren't certain if this can at all be relaxing. But, we had 6 weeks of colds/sinus infections, left now only with coughs, and figure that a warm weather getaway taken at a very slow pace might make the difference. Also I just need a change of scenery even if it is a lot of work. Regardless of where we are the kids need to be fed, poopy diapers changed, baths given, so why not at Disney rather than home (our alternative was a stay cation). We leave Saturday morning.

Our Family
DH 39, loves resort hopping, endures the parks but loves Animal Kingdom
Me 41, the planner, loves to figure out ways to save money but still have a great time
Big boy 4, best friend is Piglet
Baby, 11 months, yet to be Disney indoctrinated

Resort - BC
I wasn't able to use the pin code for a BCV room so we will see how we do in a regular room. Bottle sterilizer is packed, praying for pixie dust fora King bed for floor space for Big Boy mattress (won't sleep off the floor) and baby pack and play. We have two years plus of chase Disney Visa rewards points saved up, which I put towards the room. :cloud9:

Food and schedule
We love all kinds of food. We have found that the dining plan doesn't work well for us. We often share a couple of appetizers and one entree, and usually aren't dessert people. We do grab coupons and Disney chase visa discounts when we can. We usually eat breakfast in the room and with all our effort still can't get out (even at home) with the littles before 9 am. We love eating at Disney restaurants because they are nice and don't mind children. :mickey:

So we have a slow pace in the mornings, arrive late morning to the parks and enjoy early dinners at resorts we like to visit or near our resort for convenience. Littles in bed on schedule between 7:30 and 8:30 pm (baby down first).

Schedule
Sat late morning arrive into MCO, get rental mini van (BJ code for National worked best for us), go to BC, spend time at pool (since Strm Chsr predicts warmer earlier in week) and set up room. Traditional first night dinner at Il Mulino (20% coupon).

Sunday - morning mass at basilica shrine, to Magic Kingdom in time for lunch FP at BOG. We have FP+ for Dumbo, Storytime with Belle and Mine Train (baby swap planned). If we get diverted we will cancel these as we go since we have the same selections for our second MK day later in the week. Dinner at Boma (love the soups, 10% discount Disney chase visa holders) can't wait to see the tree in the lobby!!! :cloud9:

Monday - Morning holy day mass at Basilica, to HS in time for Brown Derby lunch, our first time there (same visa discount). FP+ for Beauty and the Beast musical. Dinner back near BC at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Tuesday - day off from parks, breakfast at captains grille (amazing buffet! Once again 10% off for Disney chase visa holders) then drive a couple of hours to meet up with DH grandparents for lunch, celebrate 85th birthday! :party: Dinner at Shutters (we tried last visit soon after a new chef started and found it to be delicious, same visa discount) hopefully time to play on island at CBR.

Wednesday - AK day, first time at Tusker House (lunch). Goal is to see Chip and Dale. Dinner at Artist Point (visa discount) at Wilderness Lodge, once again can't wait to see decorations there!

Thursday - Epcot Day, looking forward to seeing the holiday story tellers around the world showcase. Probably lunch in Japan, dinner at Biergarten (visa discount) (although we currently have Tutto Italian reserved, new for us but we are having Italian Friday night and I love German food :blush: !).

Friday - MK day - breakfast at Crystal Palace. we are looking forward to simple things like Tom Sawyers Island, the Steamboat, the Shooting Gallery, the Rose Garden, Carousel, and train ride around the park. Dinner back near our resort at delicious Il Mulino (20% coupon).

Saturday - home

Packing
Not done yet...feel like I am throwing things together since last minute travel decision plus cleaning and shopping and decorating for Christmas...whatever doesn't get done will just have to wait...:cool:

KylesMom
12-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Welcome back to INTERCOT, Teresa!

Sounds like you've gone through a rough patch with illness and the struggles of day-to-day living with an infant and toddler. I agree, what better place to at least try to relax than Disney!

Your plans look great, as do your meal selections. Enjoy your family and the holiday ambiance at Disney. Don't stress out on the small stuff, and let us know how fabulous your trip was upon your return! :mickey:

faline
12-05-2014, 10:02 AM
I remember your prior posts!! Welcome back!! :mickey:

Sounds like a lovely trip with lots of time to relax, a nice slow pace for your little folks, and really yummy food!! Please let us know how it all goes!!

princessgirls
12-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Have a fabulous trip!!!

Enjoy!!!

Julie:mickey: