PDA

View Full Version : Phase Four - The Return Home - Day Thirteen

faline
12-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Monday, November 4, 2014

I don't think either of us slept very well. We were awake at 6:30 even though we didn't actually start moving until 7 or so. After dressing, we make sure everything is packed. As wonderful as this trip has been, I think we are both ready to return home.

We head down to the lobby for breakfast. Two iced buns, two cups of coffee an one orange juice is more than $17.

After breakfast, we head back to our room and hang out until almost 10. We go back to the lobby to turn in the key to the minibar which I had thrown into the safe when we arrived - we never even opened the minibar during our stay and to request a copy of our receipt - one had been e-mailed to me but my phone was not cooperating with getting it downloaded.

We head outside. Our car is already there and waiting for us. This time, we both have boarding passes that allow us to go through the pre-screened line. This is so nice and easy - no need to remove shoes, take out quart bags or computers, and/or remove light jackets or sweatshirts. This also means you can quickly be on your way to the gate without having to juggle all the stuff you had to pull out until you can put it back together again and pull your shoes back on.

After taking the shuttle to the gate area, we stop for some lunch at a Mexican restaurant - I know we've eaten here before. Following lunch, we head to our gate area.

Because we have the extra room seats, we are among the first to board. We are pleasantly surprised to find our flight is not full and we have our row of three seats just for the two of us - even more room!! The flight home is a bit bumpy from time to time but nothing more than we've experienced on other flights.

The one strange moment during the flight comes after the pilot has announced our approach into Boston. Suddenly the plane is accelerated rather quickly and we are put into a climb rather than continuing to descend. This is followed by banking around and then resuming our descent. No explanation was ever offered by our pilot.

We land safely and are soon off the plane. Once we have collected our luggage, we are quickly retrieved curbside by my brother-in-law who has agreed to drive us home.

After hauling our luggage into the house and getting a bit settled, we head down the street to a local sandwich shop and grab a couple of sandwiches to bring home with us for dinner. It is very nice to sleep in our own bed again!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-02-2014, 11:09 AM
What a great trip! Thanks for the trip reports; I really enjoy reading them. :thumbsup:

I understand 100% how nice it is to get home. Now, if I could live at Disney forever, I'd be OK with it ... but otherwise, home feels good! :)

NJGIRL
12-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Sounds like you had a nice trip!