PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - December 31, 2014 - Jan 16, 2015

Strmchsr
12-01-2014, 09:17 PM
I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Wednesday pm, December 31, 2014
:newyear: I hope everyone has a blessed New Year!

The weather in WDW today isn't perfect, but not horrible. Looks like the high will be kept down to 65-66 due to clouds. There's some light scattered showers out but nothing that's too big of a deal. Tomorrow should be similar with a high of 73-75 and light isolated showers about. Friday through Sunday looks dry. Friday's high will be 75-77 then around 80 for Saturday and Sunday. The next chance of rain arrives on Monday with a front. Right now it doesn't look like the rain will be too heavy, but we'll need to keep an eye on things. The high on Monday should stay 66-68 with the clouds. What happens after that is iffy. Right now the models are showing the front stalling south of Orlando which means WDW should be mostly dry with only a very slight chance of a brief shower and highs 75-77, but if the front stalls just a little further north things would be quite different so hang tight on this forecast for now.

Long range...Jan 8-9 look mostly dry with highs in the upper 70s. Rain is possible on Jan 10. Jan 11-16 remains very iffy. The models have a high set up over southern Florida that deflects the incoming fronts, keeping Orlando mostly dry and highs near 80. But if that high breaks down or sags south, then things suddenly get wetter and cooler. As always with voodooland, stay tuned.

Travel Issues :drive::plane:
No major issues today or tomorrow.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here (http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Turbulent-air-travel-nothing-to-fear-4058671.php) and here (http://www.askcaptainlim.com/-fear-of-flying-flying-48.html) to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

chefmickey3
12-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the weather updates. We will be arriving tomorrow night. Since you are there now, will we need sweatshirts at night? I have school aged kids. Trying to judge how cool it may be. Shorts and tshirts during the day seem a safe bet but not sure if we need warmer things for the later nights. Thanks!

Strmchsr
12-03-2014, 09:22 PM
The evenings are comfortably cool. So, if you or your kids are susceptible to cold, then a sweatshirt would be a good idea, but my boys both were wearing short sleeves tonight as we sat at DHS. I was wearing a hockey jersey. All of us were comfortable. Short sleeves are definitely fine during the day.

Cass&KenziesMom
12-09-2014, 05:56 PM
I can see VooDoo land on the horizon! :D

tjstrike
12-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Let's see if you can work your voodoo and get the temps up into the high 70's, low 80's for Christmas through new years. :thumbsup:

(I know you can do it)

Strmchsr
12-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Let's see if you can work your voodoo and get the temps up into the high 70's, low 80's for Christmas through new years. :thumbsup:

(I know you can do it)

Ha! As always, remember - I'm in public relations, not management. You've gotta talk to the Boss for requests like that. Though, admittedly, us Florida folks do like some cooler weather around Christmas, too, so I definitely won't be cheering for 80s. :mickey:

Cass&KenziesMom
12-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Ha! As always, remember - I'm in public relations, not management. You've gotta talk to the Boss for requests like that. Though, admittedly, us Florida folks do like some cooler weather around Christmas, too, so I definitely won't be cheering for 80s. :mickey:

I never thought I would say this but I'm hoping for warmer weather too. High's in the upper 60's is fine by me. It's the low's below freezing that I would like to avoid. LOL Hoping it change a little for our 26th-31st time frame.