PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Refurb?

purplestarlisa
12-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Hello,
Can anyone confirm that the HM is actuallly closed for refurb? I am going to be at WDW on Saturday, and I am in denial that my favorite ride will be closed. Just hoping for some Disney magic!

VWL Mom
12-01-2014, 04:20 PM
According to the MDE app it did close for refurbishment and is expected to reopen December 20th, sorry.

SteveO
12-01-2014, 06:16 PM
HM is the ONLY attraction I NEVER miss. Until next week when I am there. I saw the HM refurb notice a month ago or so and was hoping something would change. Looks like it's not going to. Bummer.

John
12-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Gotta make more cobwebs and clean the scrims every once and a while ;)

purplestarlisa
12-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for all the replies! I will just have to plan another trip to WDW in the future so that I can enjoy the Haunted Mansion again!

epceddie
12-05-2014, 08:15 PM
It's too bad they couldn't hold off and do the rehab in January. But, that's when Space Mountain traditionally closes and I'm sure they didn't want to have two prime attractions unavailable at the same time. I can sympathize with people who book their trips months in advance and then have the rug pulled out from under them. Maintenance can't be avoided though and it's impossible to keep everybody happy. I don't envy Disney in that department.

#1donaldfan
12-08-2014, 12:40 PM
We were there the week of Thanksgiving.....it was open, so we must have just got it in, in time !! :mickey:

purplestarlisa
12-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Today is our last day at WDW, and we received some Disney Magic because HM opened a whole week ahead of schedule!!! Thank you Disney!

tjstrike
12-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Today is our last day at WDW, and we received some Disney Magic because HM opened a whole week ahead of schedule!!! Thank you Disney!

SWEET !! :thumbsup: