PDA

View Full Version : Bouncebacks- No More?

Mitzie
11-25-2014, 10:23 AM
I was perusing another un-offical site and some people were discussing that Disney is going to discontinue the bounceback program and replace it with a future stay program that you have to be invited into..Anyone here on Intercot hear about this?

magicofdisney
11-25-2014, 10:42 AM
This is my experience.

Years ago there would be a flyer placed in our room by housekeeping informing us about a bounceback/future stay offer. One year it was only in one of our connecting rooms, but I called anyway. It didn't seem to matter I had no flyer in my room, simply that I was calling before I checked out.

Last year, I looked up the information online to see about the offers because there was no flyer in our room and nothing on the resort television station. Again, I called 8844 from my room phone before checking out and they gave me the bounce book offer (free dining), no questions asked.

This year when I called, they needed a booking code to give me the offer. Fortunately I had that information in hand when I called. There was no flyer in the room, but there were a handful of info papers and an info booklet on the table in the room. Buried in that booklet was the code and offer information. It was called neither bounce back or future stay but that's still what I'd call it.

All that being said, I don't know if having the booklet was my invitation to call and re-book. Otherwise, I suppose they'd email you an invite before check-out? Interestingly, when I went online looking for a bounce back offer (before I found the info in that booklet), I found no codes or information regarding an offer for my current time frame.

When I called, I did ask if free dining was being offered for a return visit. During this same time last year we were able to book free dining for our return trip. The CM informed me that the free dining was no longer available. My only option was a percentage off of a future stay.

4disneynuts
11-25-2014, 11:01 AM
We also just returned from the World and called about a bounce back offer. There was a booklet in our room among other papers which had an offer in it but you had to really look for it. It was not called a bounce back offer just a rebooking offer. It was a percentage off offer. We really wanted to rebook with free dining but were not able to so we opted to not use the percentage off offer.

Unfortunately I really think the free dining is being weeded out and soon will no longer be offered to any one at any time of year. It will definitely cut down on our frequency of going to Disney as the free dining makes it easier for us to go.