PDA

View Full Version : Visiting MK, not doing MVMCP

WDWgoofy
11-24-2014, 11:39 AM
I have to be in Florida on business next week and thought to stop by MK on Sunday.

I see that Sunday is MVMCP. What is the procedure if you visit the park but not the special event?

Would I be able to hang around beyond 7pm just looking at sites, not doing attractions or characters?

faline
11-24-2014, 11:56 AM
Beginning at 7 p.m., they will have checkpoints throughout the parks. If you are not wearing a party band, you will not be allowed by that point and will be redirected to the exit of the park. The special shows/parades etc. are part of the party admission price and folks who were there for a daytime visit are not entitled to view/participate in them. If you wish to linger past 7 p.m., you should purchase a party ticket.

Fangorn
11-24-2014, 12:08 PM
No, not really. Certainly not for very long.

After 7pm, about all you will be able to do is walk from wherever you are to the exit.

At 7pm, the doors to all shops and restaurants will be closed, with CMs guarding them and allowing only party guests to enter. At the same time, access to the Lands from the Hub will be cut off and limited to Party guests only. CMs will begin to politely inform non-party guests that the area they are in is for a special event and ask them to leave. You will not be allowed to go anywhere except toward Main Street.

By 7:30 they will have pretty well cleared the back of the park and will be herding any remaining non-party guests up Main Street and to the exits.

They are surprisingly efficient and pleasant about it all. You're outside the gates before you realize you just got the thrown out of the Magic Kingdom. :D :mickey:

Steve

WDWgoofy
11-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks fo information.

I was not trying to get away with anything, just wanted to know what to expect.

magicofdisney
11-24-2014, 02:37 PM
I don't know what your ticket situation or time schedule is, but it might be more beneficial to purchase a party ticket than a day pass to MK. With the party ticket, you can enter the park around 3pm or 4pm and stay till the end. You're looking at a good 8 hours for full party benefits.

AgentC
11-24-2014, 02:58 PM
I have been to MK on party days without going to the party. If you are the type to get there at park open, you can get a surprising amount done since many people don't want to use their regular ticket plus party ticket the same day (except for passholders of course) and a lot of people not going to the party would rather go to a park that is open all day.

faline
11-24-2014, 06:11 PM
I agree with Cindy. On our most recent stay, we had only one day to do a park. There was a Halloween party that night in the Magic Kingdom. We thought about doing the party but, instead, opted for a 1 day Magic Kingdom pass thinking crowds would be lower due to the early closing for the party. I think it worked out quite well for us!!