PDA

View Full Version : Nov 13 - 17th, The Poly people stay at the Beach Club! - Final Thoughts

DisneyBarb
11-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Myself and DS (16!)
When - Nov 13 - 17
Where - Beach Club
How - Southwest
Why - DS 16th birthday

Final Thoughts!

If you can ever take a trip solo with a child, go for it! It was such a nice trip, we are close anyways but this made us closer! I'm very lucky!

Dining - All our meals were great, timely and served with a smile (except at Ohanas). A good amount of people try to come into Canada or Prime Time without ADRs. There was one family that was clearly upset and were very loud about it which made people waiting uncomfortable. I'm not sure how you plan a trip to Disney and not know this but not everyone is a planner.

Beach Club - Liked it, we never used Stormalong Bay, I would stay here again for the convenience but miss the ambience of the Poly (Tiki Torches, swimming as you look at the castle, tough to beat!).

Transportation - All the transportation was good, we were lucky with busses and have no complaints.

Magic Bands - Surprised that mine did not always works at some entrances, I filled out the survey and this was one of the questions, which I'm guessing means this happens often. They never made me feel bad about it.

FP+ - Love it overall, I'am a planner but I still thought it had enough flexibility to change things on the fly, never had an issue. Wish the 3 could be used in different parks but rather be able to book them in advance then the old way. I do think it made standby lines for GMR and SE longer.

CM - 99% of our interaction was fantastic

Thanks for letting me take you on my trip! Not sure when the next one is, but already miss it!

faline
11-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Glad you and your son had this special time together!!

Every once in a while we encounter someone on a trip who has no Disney experience and did not learn until after arrival that a Disney vacation definitely requires at least some advance planning. Gone are the days when you could pretty much walk up to almost any restaurant and be seated!!

CanadianWDWFan
11-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Thanks for you trip with us! :thumbsup:

I agree with you on the FP+ flexibility. Quite often we were able to change our plans on the fly and get something else. Of course the harder to get FP's were always gone by then.