PDA

View Full Version : Day 5 - Nov 13 - 17th, The Poly people stay at the Beach Club!

DisneyBarb
11-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Myself and DS (16!)
When - Nov 13 - 17
Where - Beach Club
How - Southwest
Why - DS 16th birthday

We had thought about getting up and going to MK but decided to take our time and take a stroll around and check into the airline at checkout time.

We still had 5 counter service meals to eat, so we went to the Boardwalk Bakery and ordered breakfast and decided that later before the airport we would come back and get 2 meals to go. Leaving with 1 counter service meal unused.

Our boarding passes had already bend delivered by magic, so we just brought our bags down, checkin and off we go to Epcot!

A little sad but we had a nice stroll and went on Universe of Energy (DS had never been), don't need to go back on for another 5 years but it was cute.

Mexico, Figment (I still think this ride is cute although not as cute as it was before), Soarin (trying to hold back the tears!) and the Land. It had been pouring but we had ponchos and it was letting up. We make our way to the Bakery and happy to find out we could choice any dessert in as part of our CS meal. How nice!

We got caught in a sideways rain on the way back to the Beach Club but all is good.

Waiting in BC Lobby, DS was accosted (in a nice way) by the DVC rep who put stickers all over him, she wanted us to go on a tour, but obviously had to get to the airport.

Good service by ME (a little girl was crying getting on bus saying she didn't want to leave and I felt her pain!). Smooth flight home but yet 55 degrees colder then Florida.

Overall thoughts -

Dining plan - We always leave with a counter service meal or 2, guess we love our sit downs even if we pay for them!

Weather - We have had made numerous Nov trips and very rarely have rain (usually if we do its overnight), so the sideways rain the last hour was nothing to be upset about! Otherwise the weather was great Disney weather!

Southwest - There were storms up and down the east coast (left in Tornado watches arrived in freezing rain) so thought for sure we would have delay but we had no issues which was nice! However our luggage was soaked through when we got home so not sure who left it out on the rain, ME or SW...

faline
11-23-2014, 02:37 PM
All Disney trips must come to an end. You managed to squeeze in some last minute magic even with uncooperative weather!!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Somehow when there is bad weather, it makes leaving just a little bit easier!