11-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Cast Members:

Heather
Ron
Matt
Ashleigh
Emily
Hallie

I can hardly believe that the wedding of Courtney and Jason was upon us. It has been 2.5 years since they got engaged, but yet it seem like the time had come in a blink of an eye. Their wedding was taking place on October 18th at Hammock Dunes Club in Palm Coast.

Since the girls did not have school on the 13th, Columbus Day, we decided to start the drive on Sunday, the 12th at night. I was beginning to feel sick and I thought maybe I could get a jump on it, rather than be unable to travel and not make it down with enough time to get everything accomplished we needed to before Saturday. This worked to an extent, but by morning I was not at all well with a stomach bug. I pressed on, but we needed to take many more breaks than normal and did not arrive at Ron's place until 7:00 PM on Monday night. I did not have a reservation for a hotel this night. I figured I could get a room at the hotel nearby since it's not really a "touristy" area, but I came to find out that they had just booked their last room minutes before we arrived. I was not in any condition to search out another room and so we opted to stay with Ron. His place can accommodate 4 comfortably, but we were 6. It was a tight squeeze but we managed. Though, Matt did have to sleep on the floor. While Ron had work the next morning, we took the opportunity to catch up on our beauty rest and slept in. This did wonders for me. I was beginning to feel much better but not quite 100%. Eventually we wandered over to Wal-Mart to get a few things we would need for the wedding such as a new belt, pantyhose, etc. We also replaced some food items for Ron that we had eaten. Later, once Ron returned from work, we had dinner at Don Pablo's. We miss this chain since they closed the ones in our area.

In between our Wal-Mart run and dinner, I decided to surprise the kids and book them 2 nights at All Star Movies. After dinner, we went and got them checked in. They were in Herbie section, building 6, 2nd floor, room 6838. I would be staying with Ron, so after we left, the kids all went to the Fantasia Pool.The next morning the kids and I would be heading to the parks, even though Ron would be at work. This wold be the first time we would be using the Main gate passes that Ron receives for working for Disney, though Matt would still have to bus his own 1 day park hopper. I had some questions about their use, and the very nice CM at check in had answered them for me. Unfortunately, the Magic Kingdom was blacked out on this date, so that bummed the kids a bit, but no worries we could still go to any or all of the other 3. We chose Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

The next morning I drove over to the resort and met the kids for a quick breakfast in the food court. Then it was off to Epcot. We had no issues with the passes so that was a relief. Once through the g as tes, we headed off to wait standby for Soarin'. Again something I would not normally have done, but at that time you were not able to link the main gate passes with fp+. I believe now however, that has changed. The wait was posted at 30 minutes and was fairly accurate. It wouldn't have been bad at all except we were behind a family of 4 who were inappropriately touching one another. It was quite awkward. However, worse than that was during the flight a woman was speaking quite loudly to her son during the entire time. Have to say it was distracting. Next we decided on Living with the land. We are directed into the last 2 rows of a boat, but I notice that same woman and son in the row in front of us. No thank you, and I ask nicely to wait for the next boat as there is no one waiting behind us. Next up is Figment, followed by Nemo. There is a pretty big line at Nemo due to FP+, but we wait anyway. Hallie had really wanted to ride Spaceship Earth when we first arrived, but put it off so we could get in line for Soarin' before that got too long. Now we had to go back and ride. I knew by this time I would find another long line, but I promised so off we went.

Time to head into WS. We started in Canada and the younger girls asked if they could do the kid cot stations and make a Duffy. While waiting for the girls in Canada, I suggested that we see O Canada, as I and the young ones had never seen it before. It had also been many years since Matt or Ashleigh had seen it. I had to use my power of persuasion, but they all finally agreed to give it a chance. Funny, the loudest protester, Emily, actually really enjoyed it. Moving on to UK, the girls got their stamps, but did not do anymore coloring here as this station was crowded. In France, the station is located way too close to the bakery for me, so while Ashleigh stayed with the girls, Matt and I both got my favorite "THE SANDWICH", the ham and cheese croissant. We gobbled those up way too quickly and went to collect the others. It took us forever to find the station in Morocco, but we did and were off to Japan, where Hallie was enthralled with the drummers, so we stopped to watch those for a while before getting the stamps. We did not stop at Kid Cot in the American Adventure, but did get the girls some lunch at The Liberty Inn. Our stops in Italy and Germany were quick as I was trying to herd them through, so that we'd have time to go back to the resort and let the kids have a swim before headin to the Studios. In Germany while i was waiting on the girls, Matt and Ashleigh were having pretzels. It was extremely depressing to see the Maelstrom all boarded up when we arrived in Norway. When we visited in September, it was still open, but no one wanted to wait 30 minutes with me, so we bypassed. I really regret that now. In Mexico, we got the stamps and rode Gran Fiesta Tour, before Matt and Ashleigh got a beer and a Margarita from the cantina. I had a few sips of each. Time for one more ride on Spaceship Earth before catching the bus.

Once at the resort, we did not have as much time as we had hoped, so the kids put off the dip in the pool until later. We did have a short rest before driving over to the Studios. The plan was that I could then leave from there to go back to Ron and the kids could take the bus back.

At the Studios, we did have some issues with some of the passes, but they were abe to resolve them quickly. First ride was Star Tours, then we were off to see Muppetvision, before circling back for a ride through the movies on GMR, which we walked directly onto the tram. After that, we needed a quick dinner and opted for Backlot Express. It was getting close to closing time there, so they had sections shut down and only one cashier open. So while there were only a handful of us there, there was a bit of a line. To ease our wait, a CM was trying to keep us all in good humor and was doing a great job on everyone except for Matt that is. When he's tired and/or hungry, he does not like to be teased etc. This over tends to make him a bigger target, which only adds to his frustration. The rest of us however find it hysterical. I've told him not to let it show, but it gets him every time. Of course later he laughs about it too. It kind of reminds me of those Snickers commercials. But I digress. It was about tI me for me to say goodbye for the evening and make my way out, but then Ashleigh realized she had left her charger in my car, so she would go get it and then take the bus back, leaving the others at the park. Matt then took the girls for another ride on Star Tours, before becoming the best big brother ever and sacrificing himself to take the girls to the final showing of the Frozen sing a long, for the evening. Afterward, the headed back to Movies, so they could all enjoy that dip in the pool.

Part 6 will continue the rest of this trip.

faline
11-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Glad you quickly recovered from your illness!! Nice park touring!!

KylesMom
12-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I can't believe the wedding is here either!!!! Why do us moms always pick the exact WRONG time to get sick? Wait, that would be anytime, wouldn't it! Arriving late is ok as long as you were all safe & sound . . . and feeling better the next day is HUGE for your upcoming plans!

How cool - Main Gate passes! Happy that you are able to treat the kids to a few days at a Disney Resort with park visits.

I can imagine the next few days are going to be a flurry of activity! :mickey:

princessgirls
12-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Heather!!!

Courtney got married!!! Congratulations to all of you!!! Many new things this year has brought to you!!

Julie:mickey: