PDA

View Full Version : Star card questions

dlpmikki
11-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Going on my first visit to Universal in about 20 years next month. I figured on getting the star card to get some ride photos etc but I'm a bit confused. Am I right in thinking that the 3 days is for 3 days of pictures but that you have longer to be able to download them? Not sure I'm going to have the capability to download until I get home.

Secondly the site seems to say something about needing microsoft silverlight to work. I don't have that because it messed my computer up so I'm not keen to try with it again. Do i really need it?

Is the star pass a good idea?

Thanks for any help / opinions!

NJGIRL
11-22-2014, 10:34 PM
In all of our visits I have never even heard of this so I tried to read up on the Universal web site and I still can't answer any of your questions because I couldn't find a lot of info on it, but IMO the $60 price tag is very reasonable.

dlpmikki
11-27-2014, 05:06 AM
Well I have done the pre-purchase and well let you know how it goes! I have also downloaded the app which may let me share pictures on facebook and twitter.

Watch this space!

NJGIRL
11-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Looking forward to your report. When ia your trip?

dlpmikki
11-29-2014, 02:34 AM
We fly to Orlando on Friday but it is Sunday week before we hit Universal.

We have 3 nights 3 days. Currently thinking to explore resort / city walk on arrival day and then use 3 early entry mornings. Does that make sense?

NJGIRL
11-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Yes, that makes sense. City Walk is 80 percent restaurants. They don't have as many shops as DTD, but many of the restaurants have shops and there is a big Universal Store. Since everything is walking distance checking out the other hotels will be easy. They also have live entertainment outside by Margaritaviile.

dlpmikki
12-28-2014, 01:10 PM
The star card was great. Lots of ride photos, special effect ones like the Simpsons sofa and a few character opportunities. One or two roving photographers (nothing like Disney) but overall great value as it also included two printed out. For a 3 day trip great value.

NJGIRL
12-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the report, it's good to know it was worth the cost.

Wells
05-19-2015, 11:20 AM
The Photo Connect Star Pass card is a great value! It is good for all ride photos, character meetings and roaming photographers. Also, annual passholders can purchase a pass for $99.95 which is good for an entire year! Much better deal than the Disney PhotoPass.