View Full Version : Day 3 - Nov 13 - 17th, Poly people stay at Beach Club

DisneyBarb
11-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Myself and DS (16!)
When - Nov 13 - 17
Where - Beach Club
How - Southwest
Why - DS 16th birthday

Originally we were not going to visit AK, however we had some free time and thought if we could get ADRs at Tusker House we would give it a go. We were able to get 8:30 a.m. for our favorite breakfast buffet. Donald was not taking pictures outside as he had done in the past (which we usually forgo). Had a nice meal and Donald was inside along with the other cast of characters! It was a great breakfast, I really enjoy the variety and quality of the food. I also came home with some nice pictures of myself and Mickey, Donald and Goofy!

Onto the Safari and it was fantastic, it was still a cool morning so the animals were active. It was a great start to the day. Off to EE which was a quick 10 minutes and another great ride (why does everyone say the Yeti doesn’t work, I saw him at the end? Or am I confused?). Dinosaur and Tough to be a Bug (FP). We had another hour till our EE FP but decided to head back to the hotel and get some vitamin D.

I laid by the pool (fell asleep actually under a palm tree, aahh). It was the “quieter” pool but lots of kids anyways and not quiet at all. Not sure if it’s officially a “quiet” pool, I just assumed it was based on the Polynesians set up.

Off to Epcot to meet some friends in Italy (they are transplanted locals who never go to the parks), We chatted for about an hour and then DS and I were off to our dinner in France but planned to meet again after dinner. BTW, our friends were able to get into Italy without ADRs, not sure if it was Tutto or Via.

We were not real hungry (had split a counter service earlier with nachos in Mexico, yum!). We wanted to each get the French Onion soup and split an entrée (macroni and cheese that was cleary not Easy Mac!). Waiter was young, handsome, efficient and charming!

After we ate, we went to meet our friends again who had free FP for any ride (not sure why). They were concerned about motion sickness if we went on Soarin but assured them they would be fine. They loved it! Said goodbye and off to MK for EMH! If you are counting, yes this is 3 parks today!

I love, love, love going to MK at night, especially with Christmas decorations and lights! Had a great ride on Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise and Pooh Ride. Also another trip on the People Mover! Finished the night with the parade (really missed my DD cause she used to get so excited about this parade when she was younger). Stopped to get an ice cream cookie sandwich (love the homemade cookie) on way out. Another bus ride after another wonderful day! I was sad knowing it was probably the last visit to MK for the trip, but of course satisfied at the same time!
Overall thoughts

AK – Tusker House is our favorite breakfast place, we always try to get an ADR before the park opens which makes for a nice morning requiring no FP. Food just seems fresher then other buffets and also more variety. I had tried to make ADRs before we left but could not get them, so getting them the day before was a nice surprise!

We had FP to Tough to be a Bug which we thought may be silly, but LOVED it! We were let in a different entrance without a big crowd of people which always makes me a bit claustrophobic in that room.

Epcot – Our friends who are big fans of that “other park in Orlando” fell in love with Epcot this day. It may have been the drinks or their 11 year old daughter enjoying the KidCot stops but they are now sold. So much fun seeing Soarin through new peoples eyes and loved their excitement!

MK – Just want to live on Main Street!

We didn’t realize till we were on our way to MK that we did 3 parks very easily and even with a break in between!

faline
11-21-2014, 07:55 AM
What a fun day!! You not only managed to enjoy three parks but even made some time to get together with friends!! Very nice!! :thumbsup: