PDA

View Full Version : The Plaza

Katzateer
11-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Cant find the reviews - isn't this location a good spot for lunch? It came up when I was making dining plans. First choice was Crystal Palace but no lunch openings.

KylesMom
11-20-2014, 09:15 AM
We've always enjoyed The Plaza and usually eat lunch here our last day in the MK . . . it is a nice spot to have a seat, grab a sandwich and a yummy dessert. It is certainly not on par with Crystal Palace's massive lunch buffet, but tasty nonetheless. :mickey:

faline
11-20-2014, 09:18 AM
We enjoy this spot. Great place for a milkshake and a yummy sandwich. The sandwiches are huge in this place!! It's not very big so it fills up with people quickly.

Mickey'sGirl
11-20-2014, 09:23 AM
We LOVE the Plaza! Here is my dining review from August.

Plaza Restaurant - Lunchtime
We love to visit the Plaza for lunch when visiting the Magic Kingdom
Food: 4 out of 5
The boys both had burgers and milkshakes, and there was nothing left in the end, so they were good! Brian had the Cheese Steak and I had the Plaza Club. Brian doesn’t do mushrooms, and they chef didn’t include them in his sandwich, so Brian was happy! My club was terrific. It is one of my favourite sandwiches anywhere. Always fresh and the bread is never soggy. It’s a good sandwich.
Atmosphere: 4 out of 5
The Plaza is bright and cool and always clean. My one gripe is with the size of the tables. We are all very tall, and the tables are just a little cozy for us … BUT the CM who seated us gave us a table for 6, and we were able to spread out some.
Service: 5 out of 5
The servers at the Plaza are professionals, and it really shows. Efficient, polite, knowledgeable … they are terrific. As I have allergies, I always get to speak with a Kitchen manager about my order. The chef I spoke with was lovely, and addressed the whole table. I have spoken with her many times over the years and she always makes me feel like nothing is too much of a bother and it is her pleasure to look after me.
Overall: 4.5 out of 5
We will continue to make the Plaza one of our stops. It never disappoints.

AgentC
11-20-2014, 10:11 AM
The Plaza is one of my favorite lunch spots. The menu isn't huge but the food is good and there is something for everyone. It is also one of the less expensive table services which is a nice plus if you are not on the dining plan.

BriarRose0708
11-20-2014, 10:36 AM
I think one of the best meals of my last trip was at The Plaza! The sandwiches and burgers are really good, delicious fries, and ice cream sundaes and milkshakes for dessert. So good! I hope you have an enjoyable meal there!

Katzateer
11-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Sounds great! Does the club have beef on it? If it is just turkey or/and bacon my husband will like it. He doesnt eat beef. Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
It's just turkey and bacon .... It's my favourite sandwich on property! :eat:

faline
11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Sounds great! Does the club have beef on it? If it is just turkey or/and bacon my husband will like it. He doesnt eat beef. Thanks!

If it does, I'm sure they can modify it for you. I really wanted a milkshake on our recent visit but have been having issues with dairy. Chef Ken was able to make me a yummy, non-dairy milkshake upon my request!!

Hammer
11-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Add me to the list of people who really like the Plaza Restaurant! We just ate there last month for the first time and it was a good meal. Here is a link (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=207089) to my review of the Plaza.

SurferStitch
11-20-2014, 11:42 AM
One of our favorite lunch spots! The strawberry chicken salad is delicious!!

disneymom15
11-20-2014, 12:04 PM
One of our favorites also. This trip I had the turkey sandwich and it was delicious. Also love the cheeseburger and grilled reuben. At the end of our meal, the waiter gave us a free fast pass because he said it took longer than it should have to be seated.

TheDuckRocks
11-20-2014, 12:22 PM
We love the Plaza Restaurant! As crazy as it sounds I always have ordered the tuna salad sandwich, served on a croissant. I swear that I am going to try something different in 2 weeks but when it comes down to it guess what I'll probably get.:blush:

Katzateer
11-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Can't wait to try it!:thumbsup:

Speedy1998
11-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Went there several years ago, hated it, will never go back. IMO The food at every counter service in MK was better, and cheaper. And the place was so small, I could not move without bumping into another guest.

VWL Mom
11-20-2014, 01:55 PM
We go there every trip on MK EMH nights. My new Plaza favorite is the Veggie Sandwich..yum.

Maleficent's Dad
11-20-2014, 05:17 PM
We have dined at the Plaza for lunch more times than I can count.

Overall it's a safe, solid bet. No gourmet, just sandwiches done well (and a salad or two). Years back, they didn't serve fries, only chips. But they have fries nowadays (guessing there used to be too many requests for them!).

We've only ever encountered two problems there. About two years ago, my then 11 year old daughter wanted to order a kids' meal - was told she couldn't. Okay...

Then, this past summer (late July) the place was infested - I mean infested! - with flies. Ugh. They'd land on your food, were all over the mirrors... It was gross. I haven't read any similar reports lately, so I'm hopeful they cleaned the place up. We'll be there again in February.

NJGIRL
11-21-2014, 07:31 PM
The Plaza is a favorite place for lunch for us. It used to be a hidden gem but the last couple of years it has gotten very popular. We also really like the Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. :thumbsup:

NJGIRL
11-21-2014, 07:34 PM
We go there every trip on MK EMH nights. My new Plaza favorite is the Veggie Sandwich..yum.

That's what I get every time. I love it!

tinkx2
11-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Is the Plaza considered a table or counter service?

faline
11-24-2014, 09:21 AM
It is a table service location.

joonyer
11-24-2014, 05:03 PM
We're going there on our upcoming trip for the first time. Looks like we'll enjoy the menu, with several things on there that we normally enjoy. Hope it's good!

Christine
11-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Two words- Tomato. Bisque. :cloud9:
Anxiously awaiting out Dec 6 ADR!!

faline
11-24-2014, 06:03 PM
It's table service.

twinboyz
12-16-2014, 10:57 AM
We've eaten there on several trips. Must make a ressie tho....as PP's have indicated it is a small spot.

We've enjoyed it. The kids love the milkshakes. The food is tasty and we've never been disappointed. We prefer it over the buffet at Crystal Palace, but we are not big eaters and the buffets always seem like a waste to us. IMO.

Katzateer
12-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Our lunch was good. I got a burger and fries. My husband got a turkey sandwich and homemade chips. We got chocolate ice cream for dessert. It was very good, waiter was great and it was nice in the sunroom since it was a little cool outside.

While it wasn't my one of my favorites this trip, I would go back.:thumbsup: