PDA

View Full Version : My Disney 2014 Year in Review Part 4 September cont.

Beach Club Babe
11-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Cast Members:

Heather
Ron
Courtney
Jason

Next morning, Saturday, Courtney came to pick me up to go to a hair appointment to try hairstyles for her wedding. We also stopped to shop for a dress for me, no luck. We did however find shoes for Ashleigh to go with her bridesmaid dress. Had lunch and went back to her house. Meanwhile, Ron was busy getting acclimated with the roads and areas in which he would be working. Later he drove down to Courtney's to pick me up, but not before we had another nice dinner with them and their friend Paul at The Mansion.

Sunday, we decided we'd like to have a day spent at the parks since soon we'd be living apart for the first time since 1986.

I should also mention that we had moved back to the Wyndham last night as our reservation at the Best Western had ended. We had hoped to be in Ron's new place but we had not yet found it. Anyway, back to the story. We decided not to drive this time as we had decided to buy 1 day park hoppers and try and do all 4 parks. We would hop on the first shuttle to come, but I hoped it would be Animal Kingdom since that's where I really wanted to start. Luckily, it was indeed the AK bus that came first. We were not trying to " do it all", just whatever we felt like while still trying for the 4 parks. Once at AK, we headed straight to the Safari where we literally walked right onto the truck. It was a very good Safari. There were tons of animals out including those that rarely are and some I've never seen, though no lions. Afterwards, we stopped for a quick breakfast at Kusafiri, before heading into the new theater for Festival of The Lion King. Great performance as usual. We had a phone call from Courtney while here, wondering if we wanted to go to the Florida Mall with them. Well no not exactly. We decided however, to meet them for dinner later at Epcot foe the Food & Wine Festival.

Moving on, we picked Magic Kingdom next since we'd need to be in Epcot later. First up it was a ride with Ariel. Ron however couldn't keep his eyes off the Mine train. It posted a 60 minute wait, buy just like the girls in June, that was not deterring him, quite surprisingly. We waited and watched this woman and her daughter completely cut the line claiming her husband was up ahead. We saw later that he was not. We were able to get those around us to get all the barrels spinning at once so that Snow White appeared. The woman behind us got the biggest kick out of it. She quite possibly may have rather stayed there trying to get them all spinning rather than actually ride the ride. Next up was iasw and Haunted Mansion before yet another lunch at Columbia Harbor House. I just have to have my favorite anchors aweigh sandwich!. Then it was over to ride Pirates and Jungle Cruise. We finished up our quick tour of MK with rides on the Peoplemover and Buzz Lightyear.

Time for Epcot, so it was onto the monorail. First stop, Spaceship Earth of course. We were kind of bummed though as our pictures did not come up on screen. Others nearby us had the same problem. We then rode Figment, Living With The Land, and Nemo. Then we went to Club Cool. I saw Ron going for a cup of Beverly. He clearly knows better, but wasn't thinking straight. I asked him why he was doing that to which he replied It's Good. Umm no. He was thinking it was the old Kinley from Israel. Too funny! He was not pleased with the changes and did not like any of the new flavors. I was starting to wonder where Courtney and Jason were so I called. They were just parking so they'd be there in a few minutes. We started off heading towards Canada. I believe it was Scotland that Courtney had to stop first for her favorite scallop. Next we stopped for me for a Dole Whip, then Canada for cheese soup. I don't really remember everywhere else we stoped as we stopped at so many as maybe only one of us would want something at a particular kiosk. I do know we did pick up some ravioli, pierogies, pretzels, and beer. We made it all the way around, but Courtney and Jason needed to get home to their puppy Wall-E and they had work in the morning. We parted ways, with them heading to parking lot and us heading to boat launch to the Studios. It was getting late, but 1. We wanted to make it to all the parks as planned and 2. It was the last night for the Frozen Fireworks. There wasn't too much time until they began, so we found a spot and just hung out people watching. Have to say, those fireworks were phenomenal. I'm just sad that Hallie and Emily didn't get a chance to see them. They would have been in awe! We waited for the crowds to clear out, and after a little confusion, we found our shuttle stop back to the Wyndham. Luckily it came right away and we were only the 2nd stop. Mission completed!

Monday, we finally found Ron a place to stay, got him all moved in, unpacked, and all stocked up after a trip to Wal- Mart. Another trip down to Melbourne. This time to pick up Jason's car. They offered to let Ron borrow it for a while since he will have to buy a new car, previously he had a company vehicle.

Tuesday morning was Ron's Traditions class where he received his name tag and ears from Mickey himself. He thoroughly enjoyed this, but was a litrue sad that the tour portion was shortened due to rain. This would be my final night with him. We decided to go over to Disney for a nice dinner. Since I did not have a reservation anywhere, we chose to try Big River Grille at Boardwalk. This was our first time here and will eat here again if we need a nice sit down meal that does not require a reservation. The food was delicious and Ron really enjoyed his beer.

Wednesday came way too fast. Ron got up and went off for his first real day of work, while I got up, finished up the packing and headed for the long drive back. The drive back always seems sad and daunting, but a little more so this time as for the first time I would be making it all by myself and the reality sunk in how far apart we'd be. Still, I was happy knowing that he was happy in his new position and that we'd be together soon and much happier living in Fl. The trip home was completely uneventful and I made good time.

Part 5 October coming soon

faline
11-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Lovely day!! Glad you found a place for Ron to stay in the interim. While it may be difficult to transition, it will all be good in the end!!

KylesMom
11-20-2014, 09:12 AM
I LOVE the whole idea that you two wanted to do all four parks in one day - without the kids! What a delightful time together. Hilarious that Ron had a brain lapse and poured a Beverly! A great finish to the day . . . at DHS for the fireworks finale'. Life is good. ;)

Nice to know about Big River Grille - this is somewhere that rarely comes up, and I actually forget it is there.

I can imagine that the drive home was none too fun, between driving solo and knowing that you will be separated from Ron for awhile. I am hoping that you are close to finalizing your plans as Thanksgiving approaches, Heather!

Looking forward to October's post :mickey:

princessgirls
12-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Great day Heather, and Yes, it must have been hard to leave.
Lot's of emotions!

Julie:mickey: