PDA

View Full Version : Photo packages from Shutters

CanadianWDWFan
11-19-2014, 08:28 PM
We are almost four weeks out from our Christmas cruise on the Fantasy!! We are thinking about buying a photo package from Shutters. Is there any benefit from buying the package before we sail as opposed to buying it once we are on board?

BrerGnat
11-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Wait until you see some of the pictures. You may not get many at all. We never got more than a few pictures. Some families seemed to have TONS. It's really sort of random how often you encounter a photographer. We just bought individual pictures we really liked.

faline
11-20-2014, 09:01 AM
If you're going to have a lot of pictures, you may want to get the package. In total, we had about 20 pictures takes during our cruise. While I may have selected a couple more pictures, we opted to get the 4 best pictures which cost $90 (a package price for 4). The package for all the pictures is quite pricey.

They do have a pretty cool process for you to find and look at your pictures. Shutters is set up like a library with "books" in bookcases. Each "book" is actually a storage box and they put your pictures in your storage box. To find your pictures, there is a spot for you to scan your cruise ID card. Once scanned, it will return the bookcase and book number so you can locate your book. Shutters is only open when the ship is at sea. Otherwise, the bookcases are locked.

CanadianWDWFan
11-21-2014, 08:26 AM
We have a friend who was able to get over 100 pictures taken on a 4 night cruise! They got the entire package and said it was worth it to get the digital pictures as well as the printed ones. So this got us thinking. We still haven't decided yet but are leaning now to waiting until we get on board to see how many pictures we have taken.

Thanks for the input guy!:thumbsup:

BrerGnat
11-21-2014, 09:00 AM
100 pictures on a 4 night cruise??? :eek:

Wow. I don't know how they managed that. On our five night cruise, we had maybe 15 photos (unique poses). On our 3 night, I think less than 10.

We are a family with kids who just don't "get" how to smile on cue, though, so we sometimes turned away photo ops because our boys were not in the mood.

Still, though...100?